Eduard 1/48 Tempest Mk. V Series 2

Hi All,

I had posted some of these photos of this airplane in another thread in a different category, and one of my friends suggested I put some of the pictures here, where they may get more widely seen.  This is my third airplane since returning to the hobby 10 years ago; all my other models have been armor, which I considered to be easier models to do at the beginning.  It takes a lot of effort and capability to do tanks, too, at least to do them well, but there are a few more details I think you have to be capable of addressing when building airplanes.  So, here is number 3.  Nothing particulary special about this one, but I like Tempests, and have several more that I'm going to be doing coming up, another Series 2 and a Series 1.  I'm going to do the Series 1 with full on invasion stripes, which looks fantastic on this plane, in my opinion.

If I get ambitious, maybe I'll take some pictures of my first two planes, an 1/48 Eduard Spitfire Mk. VIII and Focke Wulf FW-190 A-4 and post them and see what you think.

olJmnLq.jpg

VL9bjN1.jpg

3xXPmTu.jpg

aYmKW0K.jpg

rVmOCGx.jpg

0M6Zny3.jpg

Edited by Curt B
On 1/4/2020 at 3:34 AM, Falconxlvi said:

Nice looking Tempest Curt!  It’s been fun answering some of your questions as you’ve started building airplanes.  Definitely post some pics of the others as well!

Steve

Steve, Thanks so much!  You have been a great resource and inspiration for me.  I really appreciate your counsel!  I will definitely make an effort to get some photos of the first 2 planes and the ones I'm going to do in the future.  My first Tamiya 1/48 P-38F/G is in progress now...it's  fun build and goes together incredibly well, but it still requires a lot of detailed painting as you go...wish it was easy as putitng everything together, THEN painting! 😊

Edited by Curt B
6 hours ago, Curt B said:

Steve, Thanks so much!  You have been a great resource and inspiration for me.  I really appreciate your counsel!  I will definitely make an effort to get some photos of the first 2 planes and the ones I'm going to do int the future.  My first Tamiya 1/48 P-38F/G is in progress now...it's  fun build and goes together incredibly well, but it still requires a lot of detailed painting as you go...wish it was easy as putitng everything together, THEN painting! 😊

1 hour ago, Hammerhead11 said:

Curt, looks great!  I can’t wait to see your p-38.

Brett

You guys and your P-38s!  I can’t wait to start mine too but just can’t get over the hump with the Corsair build.  Hope to join y’all soon!

Steve