best F-16i Sufa 1:48

I’ve built both, the hasegawa for me is a much more enjoyable build and looks great when finished. Both can be improved with aftermarket but In my opinion I stick with Hasegawas.

on a side note, if you are looking for one send me a PM 🙂

On 1/5/2020 at 11:25 AM, airmechaja said:

F16I.jpg

I built this one 7 or 8 years ago from the Hasegawa kit. I used the full conversion from IsraDecal.

Totally disappointed with the resin but the decals were great.

Can I ask what the problems were with the resin?

I cut up a Tamiya F-16C and did WIPs for the whole build on ARC & Z5 years ago.  Used the Hasegawa Sufa parts & scratchbuild some stuff.  PhotoBucket ruins the pix, but they are still in the WIP archives.

John

VwVYslt.jpg?1

Z2Py0V5.jpg?3

U5Y3tqt.jpg?1

3 hours ago, Raptor01 said:

I cut up a Tamiya F-16C and did WIPs for the whole build on ARC & Z5 years ago.  Used the Hasegawa Sufa parts & scratchbuild some stuff.  PhotoBucket ruins the pix, but they are still in the WIP archives.

John

VwVYslt.jpg?1

Z2Py0V5.jpg?3

U5Y3tqt.jpg?1

Word!

On 1/5/2020 at 6:13 AM, DarkKnight said:

so in 1:48 , the Kinetic has nose issues, Tamiya is the best F-16, but theres no D model, should I build the Kinetic, or build a Tamiya conversion and risk Tamiya coming out with a D right after I start? or any other ideas?

I think the nose issue of the Kinetic kits are for the single seaters only.

Nose issue of Kinetic affects all the early releases, including the F-16I 

The best SUFA is hands down the Hasegawa 1/48 F-16I, although it can well do with aftermarket cockpit details to make it a correct F-16I cockpit. 

3 hours ago, Avenger Lai said:

I think the nose issue of the Kinetic kits are for the single seaters only.

Both single- and two-seat Kinetic kits use the same lower fuselage, so the "corrected" kits have changes to both upper and lower parts.

This also means you can't swap a "corrected" upper/lower part onto an original (uncorrected) lower/upper part

19 hours ago, habu2 said:

Both single- and two-seat Kinetic kits use the same lower fuselage, so the "corrected" kits have changes to both upper and lower parts.

This also means you can't swap a "corrected" upper/lower part onto an original (uncorrected) lower/upper part

How do you tell which kits have the corrected parts ?

10 hours ago, adamitri said:

How do you tell which kits have the corrected parts ?

On the corrected sets there is a small (~1/32") "step" or "notch" about an inch back from the front of the lower fuselage part, on each side right at the mating line.  There is a matching step in the upper piece but it is not easy to see.

Unfortunately there is no difference / distinction on the box.  You won't know which you got until you open the box.  There was probably a boxing where it was first included but I have two copies of one release (48012 I think) one has the fix, one doesn't.

Edited by habu2