What type of adhesive to use for Evergreen clear

Hi All,

I am using Tamiya extra thin cement on the clear plastic (making windows). The clear plastic doesn't stick too well with the styrene, maybe the Evergreen plastic has different material properties. What is the right cement type to use? TFYH

Triet C.

I'm replacing the whole upper O-1 bird dog cabin windows with a one clear piece. Didn't like the kit's individual windows, they all had terrible distortion. So I'm looking for adhesives with super grip.  I just tried Gorilla epoxy. This stuff dried rock hard after 1 hour. Just have to be careful not to let it smear into the windows areas. 

1 hour ago, niart17 said:

My go-to glue for any clear parts is Gator grip hobby glue. Dries pretty clear and holds really well. Some people even use it for PE.

I use Gator's Grip for PE. Especially for surface bonds between PE and plastic. The flexibility provide a more secure bond that's easy to clean up with water. Zap Formula 560 Canopy Glue is a similar material that can be obtained from an RC plane shop.

Somebody at IPMSOC uses Gators Grip for PE edge joints, particularly for metal antennas on AFVs. He swears by the flexibility to ensure those sticking-out bits aren't knocked off with the first brush of an errant appendage...

My go to for clear parts has been Testor's clear parts glue. Its more viscous than Gator glue, dries faster, surprisingly strong in its grip and cleans up with water. I've tried numerous other glues but keep coming back to Testor's. Can be used to make windows too.