1/48 Tamiya F-14A Salty Dog 202 Feb 1994

Finally finished today.  Out of "two" box build.  Utilized some Tamiya F-14D parts to make this particular aircraft as she was doing initial GBU-16 testing at Pax River ~Feb 1994. 

Tamiya kit, not much to say but fantastic kit OOB.  Fightertown  decals sheet #48012, perfect.  In-progress section shows the painting process.

Final pic is Salty Dog 202 along with Salty Dog 535 (Kinetic Prowler) I built for my display down in Pax River....their new home.

Cheers

Collin 

lyTbn9s.jpg

dAOmJyV.jpg

foeMUP3.jpg

21AJp49.jpg

XvXD4gk.jpg

VlCi6ya.jpg

37a1EkJ.jpg

3bPRDBx.jpg

TNFQEvy.jpg

0A6dfcZ.jpg

qc4op2A.jpg

34 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Fantastic!  I like the worn finish contrasting with the red.  What ejection seats did you use? 

Will these be at the Pax museum?  

Rodney

Those are the kit seats, just added seat belts made from miliput and painted them up. 

I have a few display cases in the Test Wing Atlantic building onboard NAS Pax, that’s where the are headed. 

Cheers

Collin

• 2 weeks later...

Nice weathering and paint. Anytime I see such TPS I wonder if it was a Hornet guy who ordered the Tomcat painted that way. Somehow the way dark gray ends on the nose section doesn't feel "right" for an F-14. Still, an awesome job.

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2020 at 2:56 PM, Collin said:

Final pic is Salty Dog 202.

XvXD4gk.jpg

Collin,

Nice work on this F-14 you modeled of 'Salty Dog 202' at Pax River. I really like the way

you accomplished the paint finish, with a subtle like weathering appearance. You don't

see too many Tomcats with specialty type paint schemes like this one... nicely done!

• 5 months later...