1:72 R.V.Aircraft MiG-23bn

Hello Guys.I haven`t posted here in a while.A long while.So what better way to do it than with a fresh newly built model kit and my first youtube video build.I hope you will like what you see.

Regards,Dragan

mBxzj88.jpg

fh45z2R.jpg

2ymd48f.jpg

rIk9D5d.jpg

uLNs147.jpg

H96B8rX.jpg

LYL3VEI.jpg

rgLD3Ux.jpg

aB4sJR5.jpg

Sure is gorgeous!

I prefer ARC when showing and seeing other people's models so I'm glad you posted it here.

I've got one R.V. Flogger (23) in my stash and in the box it certainly looks better than the ART model kit (27K) I've got. 

How was the fit?

Thank you guys.

Janman The fit is terrible to say the least.if you have the time watch the youtube video build I posted above the pictures and you will get the idea on it.It fits really bad.It requires a lot of sanding and filling and in the end rescribing and riveting.

58 minutes ago, dragan_mig31 said:

Janman The fit is terrible to say the least.if you have the time watch the youtube video build I posted above the pictures and you will get the idea on it.It fits really bad.It requires a lot of sanding and filling and in the end rescribing and riveting.

I admit I didn't watch it through. I watched the beginning with fast forward cause I wanted to see the paint shop stage. 🙂 

Now I have time for the whole video. 🍿

No worries at all my friend.It all comes to the fact that this kit fits rather poorly.Especially on the back and the front/back fuselage joins.Also the intakes do not fit good.It requires a lot of sanding.I mean A LOT!

1 hour ago, dragan_mig31 said:

It requires a lot of sanding.I mean A LOT!

Yeah, that really seems to be the case after finally watching the excellent video. You really gave it some serious hell!

I thought the ART model Flogger would be a nightmare to build (since it looks rather ugly in the box) while this (in my case '23MF) would be something much nicer. 

Very nice model. Love the camo. And the way You rescribed and re-riveted this beast - wow!

The kit itself... well it's a trap. Nice in the box, horrible in the build. I've built an MiG-23 MF one time and it literally fought me all the way. Radome didn't fit - had to sand, the front fuselage didn't fit - had to sand etc. In the end all that nice detail was gone. But Yours looks so much better. Even the airbrakes seem to fit. Great work!

Thadeus you are correct.Also there are no resins inside.But the KP plastic is much softer and it can be sanded much easier. Unfortunately I am not filming the MF.I am doing a 1:72 testors YF-23 and filming it at the same time so stay tuned.

Regards,Dragan

WOW, beautiful build, you took a truly awful kit and made it look outstanding. I feel your pain, I am in the middle of building RV models 72nd MIG-21MF. It is a true dog, I have spent more time fixing misplaced panel lines and inaccuracies. Like you said, these kits require A LOT of filling and sanding. Again, outstanding build my friend, I hope mine looks half as good as yours.

Dave Fassett