Hey guys.

Im looking for some more information to get a MC B-52G build going.

Im looking for markings and airframe info regarding the none ALCM version of the B-52G assigned to the 69th BS, 42nd BW when they were carrying the AGM-84 Harpoon.

Were there any differences between what is supplied in the kit and those jets with regards to antenna and ariels. what markings would have been used? Ive very few images of their jets. but one I do have is a G in the SIOP scheme with the harpoon missiles on the stub pylon/HSAB.

Any help would be great.

Yeah by the looks of it the sheet that has the 42nd BW decals it is for a strategic scheme jet (which I dont want as I already have a plan for a late G in that scheme already)

I want it to be in the SIOP scheme...

Not so much bothered about the decals as the ones I want are rarely done.
Im more wondering if there would be a squadron badge on it anywhere or some other markings that mark one out from any other.

Does anybody have and info about the lumps and bumps it would have had above and beyond those on the Modelcollect late G model with the update set?

Edited by ElectroSoldier
6 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Hey guys.

Im looking for some more information to get a MC B-52G build going.

Im looking for markings and airframe info regarding the none ALCM version of the B-52G assigned to the 69th BS, 42nd BW when they were carrying the AGM-84 Harpoon.

Were there any differences between what is supplied in the kit and those jets with regards to antenna and ariels. what markings would have been used? Ive very few images of their jets. but one I do have is a G in the SIOP scheme with the harpoon missiles on the stub pylon/HSAB.

Any help would be great.

Loring, Guam, and Mather birds had a SIOP tasking, so the antennas should be the same.

Guam birds had and overall gray scheme when I was in the 43rd SW/BW

I think squadron badges were rare on B-52s in the SAC days; SAC patch on the left and the wing patch on the right seemed standard for the SIOP scheme.  Furthermore, since the 69th was the only B-52 squadron at Loring in the 80s, there wasn't a need to differentiate between bomb squadrons within the 42 BW.

Other than the wing roots & pylons, I'm not aware of any differences in external configuration for a Harpoon-modified jet.  To my knowledge no additional radios/datalinks were installed as part of the Harpoon mod.

Jonah

3 hours ago, Gator52 said:

I think squadron badges were rare on B-52s in the SAC days; SAC patch on the left and the wing patch on the right seemed standard for the SIOP scheme.  Furthermore, since the 69th was the only B-52 squadron at Loring in the 80s, there wasn't a need to differentiate between bomb squadrons within the 42 BW.

Other than the wing roots & pylons, I'm not aware of any differences in external configuration for a Harpoon-modified jet.  To my knowledge no additional radios/datalinks were installed as part of the Harpoon mod.

Jonah

To add to Jonah's excellent comment.  

As the 69th BS was the only B-52 Sqn at Loring, they only sported the SAC (Port) and 42nd BW (Stbd) badges on the nose below the cockpit.  Additionally, they carried on both sides of the tail the outline of a moosehead superimposed over an oultine of the state of Maine in light blue and later, light gray.  "LORING" appeared on the outboard side of the wing tanks.  The 42nd BW did have two KC-135A/R tankers, which had the same moosehead & Maine outline and "LORING" on the tail, but in med green and red to distinguish between the squadrons.  Again, these jets carried the SAC shield on the port side mid fuselage sash and the 42nd BW badge on the stbd side mid fuselage sash in the hi-viz aircraft gray scheme, and in the later SHAMU scheme, the SAC/wing badges were subdued and moved to the nose below & behind the cockpit.

HTH,

Dutch