Possible new tool 1:48 EF-111A.

I see listed on the Cybermodeller website that theres a new 1/48 EF-111A by Revell due in April. I also found it listed on the Hannants online shop as a future release. So begs the question who's tooling is this? Or is there an actual new tool F-111 on the horizon at last? The only 1/48 Ravens I know of are the Academy and the Hobbyboss ones. Both which leave a lot to be desired compared to how well represented so many other subjects are in this day and age. Can anyone actually shed some light on this?

3 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

I doubt it, with Revell it could be Academy

You're probably right.

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

One can only hope. We are due a reasonably accurate series of 111's.

With each new announcement I'm growing evermore pessimistic and hope full at the same time. I mean every time you don't win the lotto is another chance you can isn't it? 😬

Didn't Monogram also release one in 1/72nd many years ago? Probably the Revell one now I would think.

Also since you are asking, Caracal Models is planning on a new EF-111 decal sheet in 1/48th. He has scaled down a lot of his line so there is that.

1 hour ago, ElectroSoldier said:

A rerelease of the ESCI kit then

Monogram had an EF-111A kit in 72nd, my guess would be this is a re-release of the Monogram kit.

Revell has previously reboxed the MonoMolds twice before, see Scalemates timeline:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-85-5480-ef-111a-raven--111940

edit: ninja’d by skyhawk !!!  😎

Edited by habu2
1 hour ago, habu2 said:

Monogram had an EF-111A kit in 72nd, my guess would be this is a re-release of the Monogram kit.

Revell has previously reboxed the MonoMolds twice before, see Scalemates timeline:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-85-5480-ef-111a-raven--111940

edit: ninja’d by skyhawk !!!  😎

Wow that's funny. Just so happened to be on while eating lunch. All in the timing I guess.

3 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

So it being Revell who have in the part reboxed both Italeri and Monogram kits we dont really know what kit it will turn out to be.

Since the kit is not released no one has seen the contents.  However, history shows it will be a rebox of the original Monogram kit.

Revell reboxed the Monogram EF-111A. 

Italeri reboxed ESCI/Ertl/AMT F-111A & EF-111A. 

Revell never reboxed the ESCI/Ertl/AMT/Italeri F/EF-111A kits and scalemates supports that.

Scalemates also shows the 2020 Revell 04974 kit as a rebox of the original Monogram kit.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-04974-ef-111a-raven--1260334