Anyone use DXM decals?

They're very good.. 

I've done 3 or 4 JASDF planes using them and they go on well.

Only downside is sometimes the instructions are printed very small so are difficult to read and properly identify where to place the decals. 

And if you do a Japanese jet, be prepared for lots and lots of tiny stencils!

11 minutes ago, joeltc said:

I can't speak for the Japanese subjects they do. But Some of the F-14 sheets aren't very well researched.

Is the VF-1 sheet one of them? That's the main sheet I'm looking at. 

3 hours ago, Cool Hand said:

Is the VF-1 sheet one of them? That's the main sheet I'm looking at. 

Not sure about that one. I was looking at getting one with a Vf-31 F-14D that has a yellow tail and the colours were way off.

See this thread, especially page two, regarding the DXM decals and potential accuracy issues when used on the Tamiya F-14A (you don't mention which kit you'd be using, but much of the info applies to all kits.)

Edited by Mstor

Well, I will be using the Hasegawa kit in 1/72, so hopefully it will lineup better. I even have a Fujimi kit, so if the NK does not fit the Hase well then maybe the Fujimi will be better.

6 hours ago, Solo said:

Those decals are printed by Cartograf, co what can I say more.

The earlier sheets they did were not. They were printed in Taiwan.  Though all of their new sheets I beleive are done by Cartograf. 

5 hours ago, achterkirch said:

The earlier sheets they did were not. They were printed in Taiwan.  Though all of their new sheets I beleive are done by Cartograf. 

Yea, avoid the early sheets like the plague. They're terrible.

I actually have the Fujimi 1/72 F-14A VF-2 Early Version boxing, which does include the correct gas vents and boat tail. I plan on building it as a VF-1 jet, but my experience with Fujimi's decals in these 1/72 Tomcats has not been positive, plus I don't want to build NK100, so I will probably see how the DXM sheet does.