The Ghost Tiger Typhoon a little bigger (tackling the 1/48 Revell Eurofighter Typhoon as training for 1/32)-FINISHED

It's actually not a big deal. It ultimately takes longer to see which rivets really make sense because they are immediately visible than to roll over the model two or three times with the Riveter. The top edge of the prominent avionics panel on the side of the cockpit is consequently still missing. This will be made up when the cockpit and the corresponding frame are set. What was very important to me is the correction of the line for the panel behind which the control for the canards is hidden. It is only a small change, but in my eyes it makes a big difference visually.

37635491ey.jpg

37635492pc.jpg

37635493sg.jpg

About 80 percent of what I pinched and rolled in will almost completely disappear under the tiger stripes. And that's actually fine that way, because you can hardly see any of it in the original. Nevertheless, it was important to me to insert the details. It shouldn't have been my last Eurofighter and it is good to know what needs to be detailed on the model. In addition, a little something should be seen at the end after all. Even if it is only a little, at least it should remain correct. I also need the correct lines to adjust the decals properly later. In the end everything should be where it was due to the original:

37635541jk.jpg

37635542by.jpg

37635543yn.jpg

37635544rb.jpg

Edited by bushande

Alright then .... before we turn to the belly, there's still some detailing work I want to do beforehand. For the cockpit or rather the cockpit walls, a rudimentary detailing is enough, because in the end, even when the canopy is off, you can hardly see anything; the pilot will be in the seat and the cockpit is really narrow. So this should actually be enough and should at least remotely correspond to the cockpit walls of the real thing. Looks like nothing at the moment, but will hopefully get better once the color is applied:

37656783yf.jpg

37656784wr.jpg

Okay, before we finally attent to the belly, there's one more detail that requires a quick fix, which does not necessarily have to be, but if we are already there ...
Hardly visible on the original, the blled opening for the A / C has a grid. I admit that it is so small that I didn’t want to go to extreme lengths. A few metal strips from an old sheet of etched parts, cover them and it should be about alright, at least for me:

37656848bi.jpg

37656850vp.jpg

37656851aq.jpg

37656852xb.jpg

37656853wq.jpg

So, but now ... The bottom is still missing a lot of screws and one or two details. Before that, a pic of the original as reference. Apart from the missing screws, what is particularly striking: The missile wells would have tolerated a few more details, but Revell probably assumed that the inclined modeller would put missiles in there anyway. But that would be less realistic with the Ghost Tiger. One of the antennas at the rear is missing and at this stage the corresponding panel for this antenna should at least be scribed. The outlet openings are seated correctly, but could tolerate some detail, especially since this is not a big deal. The hinge for the center tank is only rudimentary and the panel just before it, between the main landing gear doors has a line on the kit that is not present on the original. The heat covers of the engines can also take one or other additional panel and I mentioned the screws several times.

37656967bz.jpg

37656969bg.jpg

37656970pe.jpg

37656971wj.jpg

In addition to the screw lines along the leading edge and the wing tip areas, the underside of the wings also requires the suspensions for the inner pylons, the hinges for the main landing gear doors and a few subtle rows of screws on the outer flaps. There are certainly more, but you hardly see them and I find it rather unrealistic to scribe them. Since I want to show the slats extended, the covers for the guide rods still have to be cut out. First the comparison with the original:

37657129tr.jpg

37657130fj.jpg

Thank you! I hope I won't disappoint!

Sorry, the momentum is just a bit gone; had a little fever / flu attack.
Before I turn to the top of the wings; all the individual parts are missing a few screws and details. Let's take a look at the original first; there is still a lot to discover:
The canards have a reinforcement around the oleopoint on the top and bottom. Revell presented it well, but the field should be raised. A little Tamiya tape is enough.

37680189uf.jpg

The intake is quite complex. For example, there is a small bulge in front of the trenches for the airbleed and these trenches themselves could still use the small airbleed openings:

37680207ea.jpg

37680209pb.jpg

37680210fz.jpg

The outer intace walls don't need much work. Lots of screws and I drilled in the emergency punch-in. Revell only provides a decal, but similar to the Tornado, this is actually a glass panel and so I ideally wanted to depict it. The nose gear flap also receives the screw connections of the hinges.

37680224sj.jpg

The Wingtip containers are very nicely shaped, but the screws for the panels are missing and some panellines on the inside are unnecessary. The starboard container has an ECM bubble that Revell has shown too smooth and straight. I will correct this later after the assembly, it makes little sense at the moment:

37680282rm.jpg

37680283gc.jpg

37680284op.jpg

The spacer between the fuselage and the upper intace lip features some screws as well for the corresponding panels. In the end no one's going to see that, but hey while I'm at it anyways ....

37680312ci.jpg

Behind the canopy there is the actuall access panel to the canopy-hinge. Revell forgot the panel, but it's not a big deal to scribe it in. Later the GPS-dome needs also be carved as well! (Here you can also see the two slightly offset in-field refuel access points again):

37680324gh.jpg

Finally, the lower wing beads, the two outer launchers and a little later the outer wing edges need some screws as well. The rail for the Iris-T / 'winder will be rendered at the end after assemply:

37680356gz.jpg

All in all, the heap looks like this for now. It doesn't have to be very straight or particularly beautiful at the moment, as a lot of it will be lost once it is glued and filled and hence has to be engraved again. Then it will be done properly. At the moment the whole thing merely serves as a reminder:

37680394pt.jpg

The prominent static dischargers should be reproduced on the radome. I tried to roughly scale the whole thing down from original to 1/48 and ended up with something like 1.4 cm (except the starboard side, which is a rough 1.2 cm). The port side still got the hinges for opening the nose and at the very front I shouldn't forget the small unpainted area. Oh well, not even royalty poops that precisely hihihi (it's a saying over here):

37680423er.jpg

37680426vj.jpg

With the tanks it's basically like the rest of the kit; very nicely shaped, but the one or other detail would have done good, such as some access and check flaps on the pylon. The back part also has a reinforcement plate, but this is easily reproduced with Tamiya tape and a needle. The hinges of the winglets are rudimentarily reproduced on one side only, and I think it pays off to reproduce the remaining anchors as well. There are also emergency drain openings on the bottom. I again scaled down to 1/48 from the original and at least roughly tried to drill the openings into place. Very important to me was again the rear suspensions of the tanks on the wings (those on the upper winglet!). Admittedly, that was a bit of work and checking back and forth, where the opposite panel on the wings would have to go:

37680476dz.jpg

37680477yh.jpg

Many Tiffy modellers seem to have serious problems with the airbrake. Yes, you have to sand it a bit flat, but for me it really fits like a glove. Maybe I was just lucky with the kit? But that's a good thing, because I don't want to glue the part.

37680532ew.jpg

37680533em.jpg

37680534dl.jpg