No love for a classic Jeep in 1/48

I build mostly 48th aircraft but I would build a jeep or 2 if they were available.  I know Hasegawa and Tamiya have both done it, but they are never available and command pretty high prices when you can find them.  Is there no interest in this iconic vehicle or am I missing something?

Geoff M

I have both Tamiya and Hasegawa versions, so I completely agree with you on the desire for 1/48 AFVs and vehicles.

Bandai did an even older version, that was supposed to be quite good.

Edited by dnl42

You might be missing something. Search for 1/48 Tamiya US infantry at rest. That's the current set with the Jeep in it. I just found 33 of them on ebay as low as $19.95 shipped.

Yep - Look out for Tamiya #32552 (US Infantry at Rest). The set includes the figures, a sprue of jerrycans and oil drums and the Jeep. The Jeep also turns up (very rarely) on it's own as a 'white box' Tamiya release.

It's a great little kit - I finished one a few years ago as a French M201 (1980s).

There is very little crossover in terms of vehicles suitable for aircraft companions and 1/48 armor is a very niche hobby area.

Regards,

John

jeep01.jpg

• 3 weeks later...