Academy set to release new mold B-52H in 1/144 scale in 2020

I’ll look forward to seeing this, and curious to see the parts breakdown. I’d like to see markings for options other than just Barksdale/Minot; several other great options from the 80s/90s if details such as antenna configurations are accounted for.

Jonah

35 minutes ago, Gator52 said:

I’ll look forward to seeing this, and curious to see the parts breakdown. I’d like to see markings for options other than just Barksdale/Minot; several other great options from the 80s/90s if details such as antenna configurations are accounted for.

Jonah

Yes 80/90’s Minot, Fairchild, KI Sawyer, Carswell! Am I missing anyone that was using H’s during that time frame? Weapons ALCMS and AGM-129’s. I second the antennae configuration.

19 hours ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

Yes 80/90’s Minot, Fairchild, KI Sawyer, Carswell! Am I missing anyone that was using H’s during that time frame? Weapons ALCMS and AGM-129’s. I second the antennae configuration.

Didn't Griffiss have them? I think they flew both G's and H's, but I could be mistaken. I just like the Statue of Liberty on the tail...and the fact I watched them get refueled sitting in a KC-135 as a teenager.

You’re correct, both Gs and Hs at Griffiss. The Hs were only there for a couple of years before the base closed. I do like the big Statue of Liberty on the tail, but I also really like the short-lived ‘GR’ tail codes on the Hs that appeared as a result of the SAC to ACC transition. 

Jonah

I believe that Caracal will be scaling down their excellent 1/72 B-52 decals to 1/144 for these kits. Kursad has already released CD144005 for the modern H, which should be perfect for this kit based on the pre-release photo. He has released CD72077 of SAC/ACC era B-52G/Hs in the SIOP & Strategic schemes for the new Modelcollect kits.  Once scaled down to 1/144 as CD144020, they should fit any G/H kits. 

Edited by Dutch
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Dutch, I haven’t seen any updates on the B-52, but finally picked up the Academy B-1 today and completely echo your praise of the kit’s detail, and I certainly hope the BUFF kit is of the same caliber!

Jonah

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Has Academy released the 1/144 B-52H new tool kit yet?  On the SCM entry, I see one person has it in his stash, however I can't find it anywhere, even for pre-order at the usual online Japanese hobby sites.

Makes you think that person doesn’t actually have it in their stash.