Academy set to release new mold B-52H in 1/144 scale in 2020

18 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Has Academy released the 1/144 B-52H new tool kit yet?  On the SCM entry, I see one person has it in his stash, however I can't find it anywhere, even for pre-order at the usual online Japanese hobby sites.

Over on Brit modeler, there is an announcement from Homebee that GWH is releasing a B-52H in the same scale.  Pictures of the parts layout are shown. Is's most likely a  joint effort with Academy. 

30 minutes ago, Falconxlvi said:

I’m scratching my head about the inclusion of several GBU-24s and GBU-12s....because that’s not at all what I think a B-52H would be loaded up with 😂

They were used to drop PGMs in Afghanistan.  Large bomb load, long loiter time, perfect for cruising high above the battlefield dropping on targets of opportunity, especially when there is no anti aircraft threat to worry about.

42 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

They were used to drop PGMs in Afghanistan.  Large bomb load, long loiter time, perfect for cruising high above the battlefield dropping on targets of opportunity, especially when there is no anti aircraft threat to worry about.

I’ve never seen a Buff with GBU-24s.  I know they can carry 12s, but it doesn’t seem like it’s done often.  They can carry GBU-12s on the rotary launcher now apparently.  
http://alert5.com/2019/08/31/a-b-52h-has-dropped-a-lgb-from-the-conventional-rotary-launcher/

Operationally, I’ve only seen B-52’s carry JDAMs for PGMs, but I was only over there in ‘11 and ‘13 🤷‍♂️   

Edited by Falconxlvi

I can only repeat what Haneto has said and this answers a lot of questions concerning which versions, who the partner is, when it will be available and what the price will be:

"As far as I heard there will be G and H, but no D or F(my favorite, pity).

GWH 144 kits are mostly collaborate with their Japanese agent Pit-Road, which means most cases Pit-Road chose what to do and participate in the design work.

I have played T1 parts of this kit and fitting was as good as always (cannot say accuracy since not a B-52 guy), especially it was quite impressive to get wing landing gears all stand on ground without any adjustment on wings.

It will start selling on 11th Nov to meet the Chinese annual online shopping festival, and domestic retail price if I remember correctly is around USD20-25.-"

Best regards

Gabor

• 3 months later...