Eduard F6F-3 Hellcat 8227 Fuselage?

Hi All,

I just got a new Eduard Hellcat (kit is in subject line).  It looks great in the box, but I noted something strange.  There are 2 fuselages in the kit, but only one is shown on the parts list.  The parts on the parts list iand n the instructions is the "C" sprue.  The 'extra' fuselage parts are a "D" sprue.  I have to presume that the "D" parts are for another variant of this plane, but because it's totally separate, it doesn't seem like there should be any reason for that sprue to be in the box.  Has anyone else encountered this?  Why is this sprue included in this kit? 

15 hours ago, seawinder said:

The D sprue fuselage is shown in the parts list for the F6F-5 kit(s) and lacks the small windows aft of the cockpit. There were some =5s that had the windows, but I wasn't aware of any -3s not having them.

To answer your question/point...all of the color/decal schemes in the F6F-3 instructions show ALL the -3 planes WITH the small windows.  I'm sure, as you noted, that the fuselage parts (the "D" Sprue) are probably for the F6F-5, and those DO NOT have the windows.  At least the plastic fuselage parts don't have the windows.