Source for 1/72 White USAF & U.S. AIR FORCE title decals

Don and Jack,

Thanks for those links. I have already looked at those and rejected them for now.

Rob,

Thank you for the scans and link. I will see if I can get my ALPS MD-1000 printer running again. 

In any event,  I will verify the wing and fuselage title sizes with my 1964 copy of USAF T.O. 1.

K/r,

Dutch 

On 1/12/2020 at 3:19 PM, Dutch said:

Rob,

Thank you for the scans and link. I will see if I can get my ALPS MD-1000 printer running again. 

In any event,  I will verify the wing and fuselage title sizes with my 1964 copy of USAF T.O. 1.

K/r,

Dutch 

To get that Alps running: try to find an old XP computer with a on-board LPT1 printer port. Otherwise it becomes rather complicated, with virtual machines etc.

Rob

Rob

Yes, I have an old PC set aside to run it.  I will keep it as a stand alone machine.  I will load my old version of Corel Draw and use all the art that I have done up to this point.  I may ask your help in setting it up. 

Here are the marking pages for the U-3A from USAF T.O. 1-1-4 (circa 1964).

TO_1-1-4_1964_pg3-104.JPG.bbab61663a2aec4763233dae4470352b.JPG

TO_1-1-4_1964_pg3-105.thumb.JPG.c458e1d9dbf2f29cb77d8c942c885c6d.JPG

It does not appear to be the Cessna painted Blue Canoe delivery scheme, but an overall dark blue scheme (though not stated) with high vis red markings on tail surfaces and wingtip tanks.  At least the markings size information should be correct. The USAF, U.S. AIR FORCE and serial number are called out as FS 17875, Insignia White. It says nothing about a white border around the national insignia nor show the special Cessna paint scheme with white mid-fuselage stripe, cabin top, or tail wedge.   

Edited by Dutch