Need a Source for 1/72 Canadair Argus HS 15' 6" dia Three Blade Props

I finally found a three view diagram with the correct prop measurements.  I need four Hamitlon Standard 15' 6" diameter three blade props for my Execuform Canadair CL-28/CP-107 Argus project. If anyone knows a source, i would appreciate it. K/r, Dutch

CL-28_3view.thumb.jpg.c3561a02fd66a620d5f484c8e15506b7.jpg

Edited by Dutch
Change title

Sean, Thank you.  I have looked at those HS Connie props, but they have spinners.  I also did a little more research and found Aeroclub P086 HS 15' 6" dia four blade props for the DC-7C, but alas, not exactly the same outline nor square tipped, and with spinners.  I guess, I will have to find a set of DC-6B prop hubs, cut off the shorter blades and scratch my own.  Hmm...  K/r, Dutch

001.JPG.b494a85aacc1800bbcf1e2602e05e933.JPG argusa.jpg.b5cda4f7df08fafc8a57d6db8ae92190.jpg

Edited by Dutch

yeah..the only other aircraft that has the square tip props that I can thin of is the DC-6, and I don't see anything out there in 1-72. 

Might have to scratch build and resin cast, or get someone to do them up in CAD and get them 3D printed. 

Sean

•  
  • pip_pip4.gif
  • TheRealMrEd
  • Members
  • 705 posts
  • Interests:1/72 US military aircraft and small scale r/c aircraft.

If someone is sincere enough, you can convert the 4-blade props to three blades.  For those interested, here's how I did it in my P2V-3 Neptune build a couple of years back:

First, add the needed length to the props (sawing them off square first, if need be):

spacer.pngspacer.png

Next, sand the blade's airfoils, and needed tip shape (based on the old prop, probably).  Note that above right, sometimes you knock off a tip.  That's why I made the fourth prop blades, as spares.

Next, short lengths of stretched plastic sprue are used to fill three of the four slots in the 4-bladed hubs and backplates:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Above right, my cheapie prop alignment tool, a printed out circle, divided by thirds and fourths, glued to a cardboard box with apiece of packaging tape, and a hole punched for the prop center shaft.  Parts "A" are glued on with white glue, to set the tip center of rotation (so that the tips are all on the same plane of travel), and parts "B" set the desired pitch of the blades.

Next, a triangle file is used to gouge out new mounting holes for the 3-bladed prop, in both the hub and back plate:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Above right, all three blades are glued to the back plate, with their arc of swing and pitch all set the same.

Next the modified hub is added:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Which, above right, gives you a new 3-bladed prop, with lengthened blades, from the old 4-bladed prop...

Ed