We found many update F-16 with those IFF antenna and on the pictures I searched with Google, the antennas were ther, but I have no any information for the APG-68 radar (or APG-83, in fact both are very similar in its look, the AESA is flat surface so the scratch buld could be easier.).

This is the earlier type or not,

eduard-648032-148-f-16-radar-early-for-t

ANd the late version
EDU648033-L.jpg

I use the earlier version, ANybody can confirme if I'm right or not?

Edited by salomon
7 hours ago, salomon said:

Thanks 0viking0 🙂

the color of the radome seems to me to be the same FS 36270 color as the body on this aircraft, someone would have more precision on this point?

The radome is has a rubberized coating over it and isn’t painted.   When dirt and other things get on it it can look darker.  I would just look at your references of the real aircraft to determine the actual color it should be on your model. 

21 minutes ago, salomon said:

We found many update F-16 with those IFF antenna and on the pictures I searched with Google, the antennas were ther, but I have no any information for the APG-68 radar (or APG-83, in fact both are very similar in its look, the AESA is flat surface so the scratch buld could be easier.).

This is the earlier type or not,

eduard-648032-148-f-16-radar-early-for-t

ANd the late version
EDU648033-L.jpg

I use the earlier version, ANybody can confirme if I'm right or not?

The early set is the APG-66 found on the F-16N and the later set is the APG-68 found on all F-16C’s until very recently when some ANG F-16’s started to get upgraded with the APG-83 (and some test aircraft that had it installed). The APG-83 has a very different looking antenna that has a fixed position unlike the earlier -66 and -68 mechanically scanned array radars 

Thank you for the precission, so I hope my camo scene keeps the old APG and not the APG-83, if not I use to modify a lot, scratch building the element isn't a hard part of work, but changing the system boxes inside is not easy in the step.

APG-93 pictures here:

Raytheon-RACR.jpg
lm-selects-ngcs-sabr-for-f-16-aesa-radar

1 hour ago, salomon said:

Thank you for the precission, so I hope my camo scene keeps the old APG and not the APG-83, if not I use to modify a lot, scratch building the element isn't a hard part of work, but changing the system boxes inside is not easy in the step.

APG-93 pictures here:

Raytheon-RACR.jpg
lm-selects-ngcs-sabr-for-f-16-aesa-radar

Yes. the jet your modeling is a block 25 and those never got the APG-83. 

Ok you save my life, because removing the boxes isn't an easy thing. The dilemma with this construction finally arrives, I will not present this plane with panels scattered everywhere, the idea would be to make a maintenance diorama, so I seek the ideas and I find this, it looks to me not very clean, it looks like an old garage to repair old cars and not an airplane hangar.

1256409-032116-kfsn-4pm-f16-museum.jpg

I found it with google, this shelter looks nice, is there somebody already build it before?
TB2q-D9bav-TJXu-Fj-Sspe-XXapip-Xa-112552
TB2wspwa-Ze-J-e-Bjy0-Fi-XXXqap-Xa-112552

The above image of 80-543 is undergoing restoration to be used as a static display jet. It was disassembled (wings, tail, stabilizers, engine, etc), moved by truck to that location.

I love that 1/48 hangar kit, time to search for it.

On 1/20/2020 at 2:35 PM, salomon said:

Hi Mathieu, thank you for the kind word, in fact the most openning pannels has no any detail inside, if you have any pictures that should be very welcome.

I really don't have any pics with the pnls open, that's not really allowed on the flight line, but when I can I'll guide you along the way.

Here's some help. The area the gun sits in is white, however the entire gun is a flat back. And since it's a hydro area and there's tons of grease on the gun it get REALLY dirty. The gun drum off to the side is also white, with black bands around it. The Power Drive Unit (PDU) bay is white (Anywhere there's hydro components it's usually white), I don't see the PDU though 😱 you're leading edge flaps won't work with out it 🤣. The EPU sits in a yellow bay, however the EPU is mostly silver and black. The EPU H70 tank is completely silver but is in a white bay. Behind your EPU on both side are the "A" and "B" hydro reservoirs, They are colored properly, but the bay is always full of dirt and hydro fluid. If your going to have the panels off, I'd make the top as dirty as possible, hand and boot prints all over. Maintenance is messy. 

Hope this helps.

17-F6-FEDB-24-C1-41-B3-B489-469-B9-CDA5-

Edited by Matthew83128

Salomon,

Leave the PDU bay yellow zinc chromate, not white; components inside it are white, gray,  with silver lines. The gun drum and mechanism are dark gray, darker than the gray used on the fuselage. The EPU is mainly silver, light gray, aluminum with with a gloss black fuel hose, darker gray harness that powers it. The little boxes in the bay forward of the EPU are mainly gray since they are Avionics components.

Thank you for bringing me additional information, I have a lot of documentation on the parts to paint but I want to speak the inside of the panels in white, it's all smooth on the pieces of BlackDog's kit.

f16-mlu-avio5.jpg
f16-old-avio32.jpg
maint-frouch-17.jpg

The gun reference, in some picture it's whole black and some has a red refelction on the middle part, that means we have an ealier and late version?

f16-gun3.jpg
f16-old-drum.jpg
f16-old-gun.jpg
m61.jpg
maint-frouch-05.jpg
maint-frouch-06.jpg
maintenance-03.jpg
tumblr-nlj6tac-Ju41sxm4gzo5-1280.jpg
f16-gun2.jpg

The EPU, same dilemma, it has no standard coloron it?

22.jpg
f16-bay2.jpg
f16-bay4.jpg
maint-frouch-19.jpg
maint-frouch-21.jpg
maintenance-05.jpg
maintenance-018.jpg
maintenance-019.jpg

Thanks for your help.