Adam 12: Color of Lights on Top of Police Car

Does anyone know the color of the lights on the old Adam 12 Plymouth police cars? The light cans were double ended, one on each side with four lenses. Were all four lenses red? Or were two red and two blue? This would have been circa 1970-71, I think. Thanks, Dutch 

Edited by Dutch

Here is what the lights were.  Red,  both sides,  steady burning facing front.   Amber, both sides, alternating flashing facing rear.  During that time period the amber lights were almost orange/red, not like they are today which is yellow.  You had to be really close because from a distance they almost looked red.

On 1/18/2020 at 8:51 PM, Steven H. McLain said:

Here is what the lights were.  Red,  both sides,  steady burning facing front.   Amber, both sides, alternating flashing facing rear.  During that time period the amber lights were almost orange/red, not like they are today which is yellow.  You had to be really close because from a distance they almost looked red.

Just watched a Season 2 episode and the above is correct.

First, thank you all for your responses.  Apparently my notifications are not turned on, as I was unaware of a response to my question.  But thank you all for the clarification.  I am not building a Adam-12 police car, but a Huntington Beach Ford Bronco circa late 1960s or early 1970s which uses the same type roof rack mounted can beacons (scroll down to see the resin parts.)  I am using the Revell 1/25 Bronco kit which is either a '71 or '73, but I thought to backdate it, if required. I could use some more photos of the HBPD Bronco.  So far my queries are unanswered.  

BTW, I need to locate a front window mounted spotlight.  I will scratch one if need be, but prefer to see if one is readily available.

I do not have network TV; haven't since I left home and joined the military, nor for the last thirty-plus years of marriage. We read alot of books and participate in hobbies instead.  Hence my general ignorance on the subject of the Adam-12 police cars.  

K/r,

Dutch

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...