Su-7 Flaps extended: Anyone have a picture.

39 minutes ago, efd327 said:

I have never seen a photo of a SU-7 with the flaps down or speed brakes out while parked.  If you look at Soviet aircraft the norm was everything up and closed.

Looking at it as more of a technical exercise.

No problem. It will definitely make for some extra interest when posed like that. As stated, you very seldom see photographs of Su-7's like that on the ground, but you can use any of a hundred back stories for why your example has the flaps down. I've never really taken statements like "they never..." too seriously. Having spent over a decade in flight testing, I've seen a lot of stuff that one would not consider ops normal. For example, more than once I have seen a fighter jet with several open panels to start up flight test instrumentation after the engine had already been started, all along with a heavy weapons loadout. When it comes to models, just go for it and while you build it you can think of an excuse for why it is parked with the flaps down. Of course, an in-flight pose is also always an option. So is maintenance, a system check, a forgetful pilot, a mechanical failure, a museum exhibit like the pictures above, etc. That's the nice thing about models - it is literally impossible to prove that your pose never occurred in the history of a given aircraft, unless the pose was physically impossible for some reason.