Hello fellow modellers and happy new year!

I am a new member in ARC and this is my first submission. It is the F-104C from Italeri in 1:72 scale which must be the old Esci kit. Despite its age it has delicate recessed panel lines and a Hasegawa-like feeling. It’s made out of the box with the only modification the replacing of the generic ejection seat with a resin one from Aires. The rocket launchers are from the Heuy kit from Hobbyboss. I also changed the wing tanks with the ones from the Hasegawa kit because the Italeri ones look very slim. The colours are from the Gunze Mr Hobby range and are airbrushed trying to represent a weathered look. The sandbag wall is made out of epoxy putty, line by line. The tarmac is a plastic sheet on which I drew the tiles, airbrushed it with various light greys and beige colours and weathered it with the AK Interactive weathering sets.

I hope you will enjoy the pictures!

F-104-C-MC01.jpg

F-104-C-MC02.jpg

F-104-C-MC03.jpg

F-104-C-MC04.jpg

F-104-C-MC05.jpg

F-104-C-MC06.jpg

F-104-C-MC07.jpg

16 hours ago, Hajo L. said:

Very nice Starfighter! Any personnel planned to be put on that diorama? It looks a bit "liveless" without some ground crew...

HAJO

ThanK you very much HAJO! I haven't thought about personnel... I wasn't going to make a diorama, just a base to put the model on... for sure the personnel would make it look "alive".

Cheers

9 hours ago, aircommando130 said:

Love the F-104! Watched them fly at Edwards when I was a young guy! You could always tell when a 104 was in the pattern...The J-79 would howl at reduced power settings and really smoke! Great looking SEA painted 104! 

Cheers...Ron

Thank's a lot Ron! Glad you liked it. I think the nose art "Smoke II" is about the smoke that was coming out from the engine...!

SakisG,

Very nice Starfighter.  Yes the old ESCI Zipper is a very decent kit.  I have built several.  ~35 years ago Squadron had a sale and I picked up four or five Red Baron kits for $3.00 each, if I remmeber correctly.  I have to give them all a coat of white paint to cover over the red plastic before painting the camouflage.  Well done sir!    And you did a terrific job on the base.  Most of the time I just use the back side of an old desk calendar with black lines drawn for the concrete cracks.  A few people would look nice, maybe just an armed guard!  Then you would only need one. 

Regards,

Dutch

12 minutes ago, Dutch said:

SakisG,

Very nice Starfighter.  Yes the old ESCI Zipper is a very decent kit.  I have built several.  ~35 years ago Squadron had a sale and I picked up four or five Red Baron kits for $3.00 each, if I remmeber correctly.  I have to give them all a coat of white paint to cover over the red plastic before painting the camouflage.  Well done sir!    And you did a terrific job on the base.  Most of the time I just use the back side of an old desk calendar with black lines drawn for the concrete cracks.  A few people would look nice, maybe just an armed guard!  Then you would only need one. 

Regards,

Dutch

Thank you Dutch for the comment! On the next project that I will do and "dress it" I will try some human presence to make it more "alive"... perhaps a pilot figure from the Hasegawa kits with ground equipment and personnel.