Mk-3 Rocket and Rail Colors

I'm building a Hawker Typhoon during 1945 and was wondering if anyone can tell me what color the rockets and rails would be.  The rockets in the Monogram kit are probably 60 lb heads.

Found this photo but dont know how correct it is or if it the same color as the under surface.

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/43603376@N05/48242913212/

Edited by Spectre711

For the rails I think you would be looking at a dull aluminium colour, possibly the stub part that fixes to the wing may be the same colour as the underside. Rockets themselves were either a Bronze green (not the US colour)/olive drab. Dark green or Olive drab. There are some good diagrams & colour pics in this thread...………...

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235017618-typhoon-rocket-colour/

10 hours ago, barkin mad said:

For the rails I think you would be looking at a dull aluminium colour, possibly the stub part that fixes to the wing may be the same colour as the underside. Rockets themselves were either a Bronze green (not the US colour)/olive drab. Dark green or Olive drab. There are some good diagrams & colour pics in this thread...………...

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235017618-typhoon-rocket-colour/

Excellent info barkin!

A little of topic but I notice there are two different styles of the yellow on the leading edges of the wings.  If I'm correct these were for identification purposes.  Any info on the two different styles of these?

If you mean differences between the lengths, the official order on 1st Aug 1943 stated that they were to extend from the inboard cannon out to the wingtip. It is possible the shorter ones you are seeing was done before this official order came out. The ground crew doing it may have loosely taken the info/idea from Spitfires and Hurricanes & yes it is for head on ID purposes.

--------------------

Those aren't invasion stripes you are seeing, these again are I.D. stripes. In early Typhoon's they were added as a result of being misidentified as FW-190's, there were quite a few friendly fire incidents before they were added. See how the white bands are much wider than the black bands, unlike the D-Day invasion stripes, which are of equal width of each colour.

------------------------