Eastern Airlines is Flying Again!

Eastern Airlines is flying again! They are using s B767-300ER from JFK. Started flying last week. They are using the old hockey stick scheme,  but with a twist. The colours are reversed, light blue on top, and bend down and separate at the rear fuselage instead of bending up the tail as the previous scheme. 

1545118755_images(1).jpeg.e734a8a91b6522e6b41dd8fd0487a93b.jpeg

Edited by Dutch
2 hours ago, okthree said:

They’ve been around for awhile with 737’s out of MIA. 

yes and no. That Eastern was bought a few years ago by Swift Air out of Phoenix, and they dropped the Eastern name. Whole thing was renamed again recently.

This company bought the rights to the Eastern name and started up another (third now) airline

Sean

• 1 month later...

yaaaay... another cockroach in this sh^tty industry using the Eastern name.....

oh well... on to my "next" flying job

Edited by skidbuggy
I forgot to add.... "next"
  • 1 month later...

I saw 2 of these aircraft in Glasgow a while back as they were doing repatriation flights following the collapse of Thomas Cook - N701KW and N703KW. One of these was sporting a rather familiar blue coloured thrust reverser and after doing a bit of research it turned out they were both ex-BA aircraft I had worked on, and I actually had photo's of one of these from back in 1996 when it was only 4 years old (it actually looked worse then than it did in the Eastern scheme back in Sept!)