Korean War F-51D Napalm Tanks

Does anyone know what size drop tank was used for this?    Can’t find any good info on line and the pics out there aren’t usable for figuring out if the tanks used were the 75-gallon ones or the  slightly larger 110’s.    Any info is much appreciated.  

2 hours ago, tourist said:

More than one type of tank was used with napalm.

That being said most pictures seem to show the 110 gal. tanks on F-51's in Korea (for napalm).

Fantastic info, thanks very much.  

Any chance you any pics of the igniter assembly mounted on the rear of these tanks?  Only pic I’ve seen doesn’t show it in very much detail.  

Regards,

John

I don't have detail pictures of the napalm installation on F-51's handy, maybe somewhere in my files, I'm not sure.

Here are some pix of the installation using 165 gal. tanks on P-47s (from the old RetroMechanix site):

M7wVqqE.jpg

81aP1qg.jpg

8XIIFMS.jpg

Here's an improvised 55 gal. napalm bomb:

5vw1nLT.jpg

18 hours ago, tourist said:

I don't have detail pictures of the napalm installation on F-51's handy, maybe somewhere in my files, I'm not sure.

Here are some pix of the installation using 165 gal. tanks on P-47s (from the old RetroMechanix site):

M7wVqqE.jpg

81aP1qg.jpg

8XIIFMS.jpg

Here's an improvised 55 gal. napalm bomb:

5vw1nLT.jpg

Great pics Christian.   Although not for the F-51D tanks, they go a long ways towards showing what the igniters looked like.  On the F-51 tanks, it looks like instead of a afixing the aft igniter to the end of the tank, they tack welded a metal cylinder on the rear side to secure it in place.   Finn (Jari) was helpful enough to provide this shot over on LSP:

ac213160e3a4edd2_large

BTW, whilst on the subjects of these tanks, if anyone is interested, here are a couple of pics that show has nasty these things got:

IMG_0712

Napalm_01.jpg

Not exactly a state of the art production line...  Great weathering opportunities abound.