I used the empennage & horizontal tail from the Cutting Edge F-86A conversion set, Red Roos Models narrow chord F-86 slatted wing, Verlinden cockpit set, & scratched the V-windscreen from an acrylic  fingernail set with clear plastic & some Evergreen strips.  Decals will be from Cutting Edge F-86A.  It will be Eagleston’s Sabre before it was shot up by Nicolai Sutyatgin (Casey Jones).  So the legend goes.

John

That's awesome! I built an A using the Cutting Edge set many years ago. The slats were a PITA and the windscreen wasn't all that great. I'd love to build another one with the black and white stripes like yours someday. I think Ozmods made a conversion in 1/48, but I don't know if it's still available. Its windscreen looked odd, too.

Ben

1 hour ago, Ben Brown said:

That's awesome! I built an A using the Cutting Edge set many years ago. The slats were a PITA and the windscreen wasn't all that great. I'd love to build another one with the black and white stripes like yours someday. I think Ozmods made a conversion in 1/48, but I don't know if it's still available. Its windscreen looked odd, too.

Ben

The Red Roos Wing was a much easier route.  I believe it is the Bill Scobie mastered wing.  The V-windscreen is a tougher problem but I like mine better than the alternatives.  I wish Tamiya would do an F-86 series in 32nd & 48th obviously an A -5 is high on my list.

John

• 2 weeks later...