Hi all, newb here. Been out of the hobby for 30 years, but I grew up in Denver CO and my dad's friends worked for United at Stapleton. I always liked the old United livery and have a set of the old Aurora United 727 decals. I got the Atlantis 727 reissue and think I'll try it using the Museum of Flights N7001U as a reference. I know it's not a 100% accurate kit, but for nostalgia at least it'll be fun to see if my old Binks airbrush still works. 

On 1/24/2020 at 8:08 AM, Planegeek said:

Hi all, newb here. Been out of the hobby for 30 years, but I grew up in Denver CO and my dad's friends worked for United at Stapleton. I always liked the old United livery and have a set of the old Aurora United 727 decals. I got the Atlantis 727 reissue and think I'll try it using the Museum of Flights N7001U as a reference. I know it's not a 100% accurate kit, but for nostalgia at least it'll be fun to see if my old Binks airbrush still works. 

Contact vintage flyer , he rescaled his United museum of flight sheet to 1/96 for me to use on the Atlantis kit.

Edited by Charlie D.
  • 2 years later...

Finally decided to quit lurking and start working haha.  Not perfect but i think it came out OK. The old decals were too brittle and broke apart. But I scanned the original sheet and printed replacements on some inkjet waterslide paper.

727.jpg

Atlantis is about to re-release the 727 kit.

This time in Boeing Red/White prototype markings.

The trouble is, the -100 prototype was yellow/brown, the red/white aircraft was the -200 prototype.

I believe the model is a -100 in length.