OK, this time something different. 1/144 Dragon A-6E with Retro Wings cockpit set and PaulusVictor decals.

This kit is a nasty dog. In the box - it looks like 3.6 ...not great, not terrible. Unfortunately it is more terrible than great when you start it. Fit is very bad, and there is a lot of details missing. I tried to add some that are really visible. The most important is small hump behind the canopy... Some small intakes too. There is a lot of sink marks in the plastic, and many missing panel lines that needs to be rescribed. I will try to make decent wing fold. I used Tamiya Epoxy Putty for all these stuff so far. I made FOD covers because the intakes have wrong shape, and I will scratch pilot steps to make things more interesting. For now - I have two coats of primer and some polishing done - but there are still some surface imperfections... There will be more to show soon I hope.

This A-6 is TRAM Intruder, but with old type metal wings and late type air brakes - real Frankenstein

692168-16501-58.jpg

692169-16501-24.jpg

694830-16501-52.jpg699720-16501-44.jpg

• 2 months later...