HH-43 Huskie build Finished!

I am currently working on the Testors (Originally Hawk) 1/32 HH-43. As it turns out, back in 61 when Hawk did the original kit, it was motorized. There are gears so the rotors spin correctly still in the kit. Which is great, but the hang down in the compartment and are painfully obvious. Ideas and suggestions for hiding them?

20200107_220424-M.jpg

20200107_220433-M.jpg

Hell, for that matter, ideas on motorizing it?

• smokeriderdon changed the title to HH-43 Huskie build Finished!

I like the looks of it. I live about a 40 minute drive North of the Olympic Flight Museum in Tumwater, Washington, which has the only airworthy example of the Huskie left in the world. They take it out and fly it at their yearly airshow over Father's Day weekend, and it is really awesome to be able to see (and hear) it fly.

Aaron 

12 hours ago, strikeeagle801 said:

I like the looks of it. I live about a 40 minute drive North of the Olympic Flight Museum in Tumwater, Washington, which has the only airworthy example of the Huskie left in the world. They take it out and fly it at their yearly airshow over Father's Day weekend, and it is really awesome to be able to see (and hear) it fly.

Aaron 

I do believe Kaman Aerospace has a HH-43 that they use for training for the future K-Max pilots, as it is single seat.

10 hours ago, Winnie said:

I do believe Kaman Aerospace has a HH-43 that they use for training for the future K-Max pilots, as it is single seat.

4 hours ago, smokeriderdon said:

I thought there were a number of them in civilian hands still flying. Could easily be wrong on that. 

If you guys can prove me wrong, I'll be glad to admit it. But the museum says that it is the only airworthy example left, and everything I've found online seems to support that.

On 2/3/2020 at 9:40 PM, strikeeagle801 said:

If you guys can prove me wrong, I'll be glad to admit it. But the museum says that it is the only airworthy example left, and everything I've found online seems to support that.

https://www.verticalmag.com/features/goingsolo/ 

Admittedly this article is from 2015, but still...

There was a firm in Northern Idaho that rebuilt them in the 90s...Precise Helicopters. I wrote them back then and they sent me a neat hat.

Earlier, in 1981, there was a similar firm that rebuilt them near Bonner's Ferry, Idaho. 

Today, there is one under rebuild near Priest River, Idaho (which I saw several  years ago)....and I have heard that there is one in nearby Sandpoint (same one?).

There is one pictured doing some logging on a community mural in Priest River, the type was used for logging and firefighting quite a bit in the area. One crashed, fatally, about 7 or so years ago.