Hello everyone 👏

Apologies for posting a second question within a few days of joining the forum

This is just a question above the Have Glass canopies and whether anyone is aware of a site which goes into details on them (such when they were introduced, which planes have them etc). Google hasn't been much help unfortunately

Basically I am currently building an A-10A and the windscreen cracked so I have ordered the AFV Club canopy which has been treated to give the Have Glass effect. I have tried looking a reference photos etc and through my reference book and I can't find anything confirming whether the A-10 actually had it and if it does when it was first used (as the one I am building is from 2002), so I just wanted to find out a bit more about it.

Obviously if it didn't have it I will try to remove the effect from the glass (which may not even be possible anyway)

• 2 weeks later...

I’m confused as to what a “Have Glass” canopy actually is?

HG is more or less a radar reflecting paint, why would the canopy be covered in it?

Are you by anyway referring to an iridescent canopy, where the colour seems to replicate a spectrum depending on the angle you look at it from?

Edited by scotthldr
5 hours ago, scotthldr said:

HG is more or less a radar reflecting paint, why would the canopy be covered in it?

HAVE GLASS is a DoD program name and it involves many different technologies to accomplish it's purpose.

AFV Club is using a catchy phrase for their clear canopy bits.  It means nothing with regards to some code word program or operation and more with a simplified question/answer [do you] "Have Glass"[?]/[we] "Have Glass."  A bit of "Mad Men" advertising from the looks of it.