New Tool SR-71......

...the Revell kit is NOT my development, it's completely separate and independent. I will cooperate with GasPatch Models on releasing my kit.

As far as I know, Revell have had it in development for several years, perhaps a couple of years less than I have (I don't know about the development team resources of Revell, but I've been working largely on my own while also doing other things).

I've been reporting less progress on my design recently, but it's moving along nicely. Did or does Revell know about my project? No idea, but now they made their plans public perhaps I could ask 🙂

Cheers

J

43 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

However Revell's kit turns out Jeffrey, those of us that have your products have the most absolute confidence that your kit will be magnificent!

:thumbsup2:

SR-71 is not my cup of tea, but I share your sentiments regarding Hypersonic products. I've bought and used quite a

few sets from him and they outclass a lot of other AM manufacturer's stuff. So I guess his SR-71will be the icing on

the cake.

On 1/29/2020 at 7:38 PM, Salineated Michigander said:

I doubt Tan Model would do any favor on this bird, if judging by their rf-84f thunder flash is any indication.  That model left a lot to be desired.

I hope I'm proved wrong, but I would never partner with TanModel on any large project. I hope Jeff doesn't get screwed.

3 hours ago, sierrascale said:

I hope I'm proved wrong, but I would never partner with TanModel on any large project. I hope Jeff doesn't get screwed.

AFAIK Jeffrey cooperates with Gaspatch Models and not Tanmodel.

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 9:43 PM, JeffreyK said:

...the Revell kit is NOT my development, it's completely separate and independent. I will cooperate with GasPatch Models on releasing my kit.

As far as I know, Revell have had it in development for several years, perhaps a couple of years less than I have (I don't know about the development team resources of Revell, but I've been working largely on my own while also doing other things).

I've been reporting less progress on my design recently, but it's moving along nicely. Did or does Revell know about my project? No idea, but now they made their plans public perhaps I could ask

Jeffrey! Hi,

This is excellent news to me, as I wouldn't expect Revell, judging by their background, to turn out a 1/48 Sled kit nearly as decent as I've seen yours is going to be. Looking forward to the releasement of the Hypersonic/GasPatch Models 1/48 SR-71 kit like I'm waiting for the future release of no other kit in the same scale.

Cheers,

I'll have it in any double-digit scale ranging from 1/32 to 1/72.

Level 5 rules out 1/144. Me thinks 1/48, as "hinted at" in the blurb.

Time soon to pester Kursad to reprint the 1960s-1970s era SR-71 sheet. 

Tony

• 1 year later...
42 minutes ago, joscasle said:

Fit dosn't look very good, at least in the second picture.

It's a test shot and is simply used to make sure all of the components work as designed. 

4 hours ago, HomeBe said:

Oh, they're slagging the kit already on the German forum saying that the part South East of the display base is the upper half part of the OBC nose, when to me it's clearly the lower half part of the aft fuselage... :rolleyes:

I'm going with Jeffrey's offer anyway. 

Cheers,

Gwen

Well, at least it’s showing progress and looks on track to an actual release.  The base for an in-flight display with cradles for engines looks pretty interesting.  But, after being burned by the 1/32 Super Hornet, I’ll reserve judgement until the actual kit comes out.

On 8/5/2021 at 12:26 AM, Dave Williams said:

Well, at least it’s showing progress and looks on track to an actual release.  The base for an in-flight display with cradles for engines looks pretty interesting.  But, after being burned by the 1/32 Super Hornet, I’ll reserve judgement until the actual kit comes out.

Yeah I remember getting burnt in a similar way when Tamiya released their A-10A
Never did trust the company after that...

😆