Is he still in business?  Know he sells mostly on Ebay but haven't seen any products on his site in quite awhile.

Sent a message to him but never got an answer.  

Cheers,

Jerry  

RHINO RESIN имеет привычку не отвечать на письма.
Время от времени он появляется на E-Bay, а затем вы можете купить его продукты. Наберитесь терпения и регулярно проверяйте e-bay

RHINO RESIN имеет привычку не отвечать на письма. 
Время от времени он появляется на E-Bay, а затем вы можете купить его продукты. Наберитесь терпения и регулярно проверяйте e-bay

RHINO RESIN has the habit of not responding to letters.
From time to time he appears on E-Bay, and then you can buy his products. Be patient and check  your e-bay regularly
Edited by Scott Smith
7 hours ago, ziggyfoos said:

I asked him around a week or two, he said he's in middle of relocating and may be couple months before he starts casting again.

Good to hear. :thumbsup:  I'll just keep checking his Ebay store periodically.

Jerry

On 2/1/2020 at 4:34 AM, ziggyfoos said:

I asked him around a week or two, he said he's in middle of relocating and may be couple months before he starts casting again.

That’s good to know. I have him as a saved search on eBay and had not received any notices for quite some time. I was wondering if he was still in business. Hopefully he’ll be back casting soon. I need some intakes for a Hornet. 

I can't remember but who was it that was being accused of make copies of someone else's intakes? I want to say it was about 5 or 6 years ago there was a lot of heat over some eBay sellers. It wasn't Rhino was it? DM maybe? Dunno why I just thought about this.

It was Rhino.  I bought a set to compare to others.  Sure, they all look alike because they have to fit the model they were designed for. Rhino's look a lot like Dmold's.   But they fit better. With Dmold I had to put some slight tweaks into the bottom wing half of my Tamiya Phantoms.  Rhino was a perfect fit.

I heard it is a seller in Germany that is selling questionable Cutting Edge stuff. He does seem to have a never ending supply of certain Cutting Edge products. Every month or so he posts a number of sales for the same Cutting Edge sets. Don't know if there is any truth to the rumors, just passing on what I heard.

13 hours ago, Scott Smith said:

It was Rhino.  I bought a set to compare to others.  Sure, they all look alike because they have to fit the model they were designed for. Rhino's look a lot like Dmold's.   But they fit better. With Dmold I had to put some slight tweaks into the bottom wing half of my Tamiya Phantoms.  Rhino was a perfect fit.

So it was Rhino being accused by DMold over coping his stuff Scott? I knew it was something. Just been a while.

9 hours ago, Mstor said:

I heard it is a seller in Germany that is selling questionable Cutting Edge stuff. He does seem to have a never ending supply of certain Cutting Edge products. Every month or so he posts a number of sales for the same Cutting Edge sets. Don't know if there is any truth to the rumors, just passing on what I heard.

I've seen this one too.  Guy sure comes up with a lot of product! 

I will say this about aftermarket.  If you think you might need it, buy it now, stack it deep.  Small cottage industry businesses like these seem to disappear without notice.  Decals, brass landing gear, resin, etc.... One small business that provides a great product hangs on the balance of the owners health, a natural disaster like a fire, etc...

1 hour ago, Scott Smith said:

I've seen this one too.  Guy sure comes up with a lot of product! 

Scott, if this is one Waldemar Sawerwien, I know the fella. He's legit. But yes, incredible lots of Cutting Edge sets in 1/48 for the whole range of Testors/Italeri U-2 kits and the Hasegawa F-8 as well that he's had. Lots, month after month. I don't quite fathom where/how he got them. Only issue I had with him is a cockpit set for the U-2C coming short of a block containing the left/right rudder pedal and another redundant piece.

7 hours ago, Scott Smith said:

I don't think it was Dmold or any other business accusing him, I think it was modelers that were branding his products as counterfeits.  I've lost a lot of brain cells since.....

It was dmold, iirc Rhino's Hornet intakes were accused of being copies and his evidence was showing photos of some alleged scratches and mold defects on the same places.

And then some years later the same drama-llama started again when xmold came out with their intakes, many completely different products or subjects. Dmold accused them of copying the F-4 phantom intakes. For anyone who has both, they're quite different. In xmold defense the full story came down to them being former roommates and dimitry teaching alexander how to make them before both started their own businesses separately.