Movie cat F-14 questions

Hi guys,  I'm trying to identify the drop tank end caps or covers used on the movie F-14s.  Would anyone have a higher resolution copy of this photo?   Or maybe a link to it?   There doesn't seem to be a lot of good reference material for the Top Gun cats and my freeze frames turn out rather dark but this photo seems like a good candidate as it's well lit.  I don't think it's a freeze frame but a production shoot photo.   And  I realize the tanks are in the shadow but the shape of their sillhouette might help.  Thanks in advance!

49468698743_bf69c91a08_c.jpg

I'm trying to choose between these two:

49465006623_eedeafc237_h.jpg

Going by the pictures you posted in your build thread and the time period, the tanks did not have the end caps installed, ie. they had the rounded ends.

The rounded ends were common in the 80's (but there were tanks with the end caps around), starting in the early 90's they would have the end caps installed.

hth

GW

36 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Top Gun was released in 1986, filming was most likely in 1985.

I don't understand the issue, read the second part of my post;

The rounded ends were common in the 80's (but there were tanks with the end caps around), starting in the early 90's they would have the end caps installed.

I bought a similar photo in large poster format for my son after seeing the movie in the '80's.  It came with an embroidered F-14 round patch.  The poster has long gone but I do remember that the resolution wasn't very good.  It was a enlargement of a smaller photo.

I've included a photo (not the best resolution) in your In-progress thread showing the tank round end http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/311221-top-gun-1986-f-14a-tamiya-148-in-flight-twin-build/&do=findComment&comment=2990960

John