Micro Mark Air Regulator

I recently needed to replace my compressor's broken air regulator. I purchased one from Micro Mark [Regulator w/Filter & Gage (#86113)], which advertises as having a “1/4-in. fitting”. Since the fitting to my hose was about 1/4” in diameter (and the previous regulator I bought from them had that kind of fitting, I (naively) figured that I’d purchased everything I needed. When it showed up I was shocked to discover that the fitting was actually 1/2” in diameter.

It turns out that the industry standard for fitting diameters smaller than whatever diameter the fitting actually is! I traded several emails with the tech support folks at Micro Mark and eventually determined that I needed to purchase their 1/4” to 1/8” fitting (#86120) to match my air hose (and another $9 shipping and handling fee). When I looked at their catalog more closely, it turns out they are selling their own 10’ hose that fits the fitting that ships with their regulator.

SO, if you need to buy a Micro Mark regulator, save yourself $9 by buying the fitting that matches most air brush hoses.

Jim