1/48 Revell Eurofighter - the GHOST TIGER glow in the dark

So this is my 1/48 Ghost Tiger Eurofighter. When I did the design for Luftwaffe Fighterwing 74 in Neubrug Bavaria in 2018 I had no idea it would be so well received and eventually win "Best Painted Aircraft" at 2018's edition of the Nato Tiger Meet exercise and would also be selected as the Luftwaffe's official display bird on several occassions.

37624480kh.jpg

37624489us.jpg

Since the Ghost Tiger in 1/72 from Revell is a bit too small for me, and understandably this special livery means a bit more to me than some other Tiffies, the birdie had to be a little bigger in my showcase. In addition, I had a little special effect in my head that unfortunately didn't make it to the original (but could almost have with a little more time!). I really wanted to know what it could have looked like, so here is my "uncanny Ghost Tiger - glow in the dark edition" Boooohooohooooooooooooo ....
(for all those who might still be interested in the route up to that point and who might want to take something with them for their own Tiffy project , here's the WIP again:)

37792902tk.jpg

37792905ae.jpg

Edited by bushande

On the original, depending on the angle of the light, you could make out a certain color difference between the gray on the foil and the paint on the jet. I tried to show it in a similar way in the decals. Otherwise, I hope that the tiger stripes also lie as in the original and all panels are where they should be:

37793132bl.jpg

37793133qt.jpg

Amazing and wonderful! Never seen a finish like that on a model. Like you said, its a shame so much of the detail you added was lost under the foil, but its still beautiful. Well done Sir! :thumbsup2:

Many thanks for the kind feedback. I'm happy it was somewhat entertaining. The whole project was much more a matter of learning about the Typhoon and getting accustomed to the model. Would have loved to do the Glow in the Dark thing on the real one bute sadly there wasn't enough time when we did it roughly two years ago. I basically did it on the model because was currious how it would have looked like on the real thing.