It is the same kit, USAF designated the FB’s as G Models in 90-91.  Some went to Cannon AFB (yuk) before the boneyard and Oz bought some to augment their C Models.  If you want one better get it Hasegawa only re-pops a F-111 kit about every 5-8 years.  You just need decals for a SAC FB.

John

The instruction sheets for FB-111A (K35) and F-111G (02314) are identical, both are labeled as K35. The difference between these 2 kits is new decal sheet and paint instructions sheet for RAAF.

On the paint instructions sheet is notice: Decals for K35 not included in this kit.

2 hours ago, Raptor01 said:

....Should be up scaled to 1/48.

John

Yes. Hasegawa should do this and give us some long overdue new tools into the bargain. They could upscale the whole lot.

Tony 

3 hours ago, Dutch said:

I believe it the same kit plastic as the FB-111A kit, but with different ACC decals for Cannon AFB.

I was thinking of the Australian decals version.

3 hours ago, Raptor01 said:

It is the same kit, USAF designated the FB’s as G Models in 90-91.  Some went to Cannon AFB (yuk) before the boneyard and Oz bought some to augment their C Models.  If you want one better get it Hasegawa only re-pops a F-111 kit about every 5-8 years.  You just need decals for a SAC FB.

John

Yeah I remember that.

2 hours ago, Raptor01 said:

Here are a few collected over the years, still have a few more.  Most were purchased pre-owned at various shows.  Should be up scaled to 1/48.

John

IKkWafd.jpg

Yeah I got one or two of those. I bought all the EF-111A (bought the extra sprues from Hasegawa for mailing coupons) kits hannants had back in the late 90s when they listed them as discontinued.
Ended up with close on 100 of them as I had a rather stupid idea of building all the F-111Fs they had at Lakenheath...

Been selling them off over the past year or so, I only have a dozen or so left now.

I left the crazyness of youth a long time ago.

Edited by ElectroSoldier
4 hours ago, Raptor01 said:

John

Welp

F-111E happened 7 years ago

F-111C happened 9 years ago

Before that their C/G was released 11 years ago

Finally their EF-111A was 16 years ago

When I was in Viareggio by the end of 2001 I remember ordering from my LHS around 8+ F-111D/F (2 kits every 3 months) as it was on their catalogue, never received one, Sticktoy then sent warehouse in-stock manifest to the store and not a single F-111 was there

I wish someone takes over their rare as crap toolings and starts to release them, kinda funny that their FS-X prototype was released once 30? years ago and never got a single release and this sadly happened to many other kits

Luigi

3 hours ago, Mizar said:

Welp

F-111E happened 7 years ago

F-111C happened 9 years ago

Before that their C/G was released 11 years ago

Finally their EF-111A was 16 years ago

When I was in Viareggio by the end of 2001 I remember ordering from my LHS around 8+ F-111D/F (2 kits every 3 months) as it was on their catalogue, never received one, Sticktoy then sent warehouse in-stock manifest to the store and not a single F-111 was there

I wish someone takes over their rare as crap toolings and starts to release them, kinda funny that their FS-X prototype was released once 30? years ago and never got a single release and this sadly happened to many other kits

Luigi

Somebody really needs ti do something about the lack of an F-111. About 10 years ago Hobby boss released the quarter scale kits, everybody waited for the down scale kits and nothing happened. And even then the kit was wrong to the point Im not sure what kit I prefer in quarter scale.

Even the Hasegawa kit isnt perfect, there are several errors on it.

3 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Somebody really needs ti do something about the lack of an F-111. About 10 years ago Hobby boss released the quarter scale kits, everybody waited for the down scale kits and nothing happened. And even then the kit was wrong to the point Im not sure what kit I prefer in quarter scale.

Even the Hasegawa kit isnt perfect, there are several errors on it.

Funny that is being discussed. I've been pondering an aircraft from the Gulf War for the 30th anniversary coming up and have found the F-111 appealing and was going to make a post on what a good choice would be for 1/48.

But seriously, if there are any recommendations for a 1/48 scale F-111 that would make a nice example from Desert Storm, I'm all ears 😂

In 48th scale it really depends on what you want.

The Hobby Boss and Academy kits both have problems. For an F-111F or F-111E that doesnt need a fully detailed bomb bay then the Academy kit is a real runner as its more than fixable in some areas and most challenging in others.

It really deserves a model that is a cut above the half hearted and half arsed kits its had as a subject in the past because none of them come close. Not even the Hasegawa kit is perfect inspite of what others say about it.

16 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

In 48th scale it really depends on what you want.

The Hobby Boss and Academy kits both have problems. For an F-111F or F-111E that doesnt need a fully detailed bomb bay then the Academy kit is a real runner as its more than fixable in some areas and most challenging in others.

It really deserves a model that is a cut above the half hearted and half arsed kits its had as a subject in the past because none of them come close. Not even the Hasegawa kit is perfect inspite of what others say about it.

Fair enough.  

Yes I completely agree that this aircraft was skipped over by model companies. It is a shame because it is a pretty unique and well storied aircraft.

Do you recommend a certain -E or -F model in 1/72?

7 hours ago, Sysxii said:

Fair enough.  

Yes I completely agree that this aircraft was skipped over by model companies. It is a shame because it is a pretty unique and well storied aircraft.

Do you recommend a certain -E or -F model in 1/72?

The Hasegawa kit is the only one worth building in so many ways, The very old Revell TFX kit allows an F-111B kit but is very basic in terms of details, same as the Airfix kit. The AMT/Ecsi kit is also basic but has a better (not 100% but better) shape to the nose section only.

Not one single kit in any scale has ever got the TPII intakes right.

Only the A and E models have accurate cockpits, even in after market detail sets, and pre Pave Tack F models, after the Pave Tack up date the cockpit is wrong, there is no option to have an F with only the Pave tack fairing so it can carry the GBU-15 and AN/AXQ-14 Data link pod. All the TV guided bomb footage from ODS was taken from the Pave tack pod of an F-111F.

The Hasegawa F-111E and F-111D/F kits are the same except for the decals, pick up what ever one you can, after market decals are out there now and again too. 

On 2/4/2020 at 4:00 AM, ElectroSoldier said:

The Hasegawa F-111E and F-111D/F kits are the same except for the decals, pick up what ever one you can, after market decals are out there now and again too. 

Do the -E kits come with the Pave Tack pod for the -F?

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, 757flyer said:

Do the -E kits come with the Pave Tack pod for the -F?

Thanks!

No.

Sprue <<O>> which comes with the D/F, and includes Pave Tack and the weapons bay door part with the D/F type ECS bumps, isn't included in the E versions of the kit.

Tony 

If you build the G model from Cannon, the decals included are beautiful... if you want to build the last F during its retirement scheme. I have a bunch of these and was disappointed I had to use spare decals. (Have a bunch of those as well...). There are some Wolfpack sheets with FB's on them in 72. But the OLD Hasy kit is the best 111 kit made. Get the Aussie kit recently released and grab some aftermarket decals, you'll do fine. Don't forget to paint over the Astro-Tracker window on the nose if you're making a later version. Good luck!

DET1460

(PS I was a crew chief on the FB's at Plattsburgh when they first arrived.)

13 hours ago, tony.t said:

No.

Sprue <<O>> which comes with the D/F, and includes Pave Tack and the weapons bay door part with the D/F type ECS bumps, isn't included in the E versions of the kit.

Tony 

Sprue O also comes with the C version of the kit which allows you to build a C and an RF-111C

7 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Sprue O also comes with the C version of the kit which allows you to build a C and an RF-111C

So it comes with the recce pallet for an RF-111C then, with camera apertures etc? Can't see those parts myself, just the Pave Tack bay doors part.

Quite fancy an early FB-111A from the G kit myself. Loved the pigeon-toed outer drop tanks set for the 26-degree lock-out. Can you get Silver and Rubber bullets anywhere, to replace the Durandals?

Tony 

6 hours ago, tony.t said:

So it comes with the recce pallet for an RF-111C then, with camera apertures etc? Can't see those parts myself, just the Pave Tack bay doors part.

Quite fancy an early FB-111A from the G kit myself. Loved the pigeon-toed outer drop tanks set for the 26-degree lock-out. Can you get Silver and Rubber bullets anywhere, to replace the Durandals?

Tony 

One of the kits does... Or I think it does... Its been about 25 years since I saw it last I built it when it was a new release. I know there is an option to have the white painted version of it, Im sure it came with the recce pallet...

Edited by ElectroSoldier
8 hours ago, tony.t said:

Tony 

B-61 from either the Italeri weapons set or OzMods

SRAMs from OzMods. I would imagine ModelCollect will have them in their B-1B release in the future.