16 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

One of the kits does... Or I think it does... Its been about 25 years since I saw it last I built it when it was a new release. I know there is an option to have the white painted version of it, Im sure it came with the recce pallet...

No F-111 made by Hasegawa had recce packs, the only extra bits you could find were white metal pitot tube on the EF-111A box

O parts contained on both F-111C and F-111D/F are just the ones needed for the Pave Tack pod

Common sprue layout for Hasegawa F-111 is A/B/G/Q

J parts are for FB-111A & F-111C/G extra pylons

P parts are for Durandal bombs and not present on EF-111A box

C parts are for bottom fuselage section and intakes of the F-111E/D/F/G & FB-111A

D parts are for bottom fuselage section and intakes of the F-111A & F-111C

Parts for the EF-111A bottom fuselage section are once again marked as D but they are modified to imitate changes on the intake, plus L sprue parts containing EF-111A mods

Recce pack was once listed on Freightdog website but was made by another company

Luigi

1 hour ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Maybe its that Im thinking of then. I know somebody made one at some point because I made one from an F-111C kit.

High Planes  :

https://www.hpmhobbies.com/high-planes-rf-111c-reconnaissance-pallet-accessories-1-72/

Although, reading the "IN MEMORIAM" part,  it may be that the recce parts were originally from Plane Bits.  But I'm not sure.

Edited by JackMan
4 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Maybe its that Im thinking of then. I know somebody made one at some point because I made one from an F-111C kit.

I don't know, I once owned the revised F-111C box I think it just had a correction or a extra pamphlet for white belly AB-132 R&D aircraft but nothing in regards of the RF-111.

Hasegawa limited edition kits released during the '90s were

F-111G which is just a rebox of the FB-111A with markings for a gunship gray F-111D/F

F-111E NASA which should at least guard the modeller about modifications made on its wings yet it just says you were to place decals and what colors use

EF-111A Electric Fox prototype which contained the decals from past kit release and a white metal probe

EF-111A Mountain Home

If you are sure that one F-111C did come with recce pack, then there is a slight change they probably made some one off verily limited edition box with it that went under everyone's radar but:

They did at least 3 FW-190 A9/F9 with white metal parts and the very same set of decals

They did at least 2 FW-190 A6/A8 with white metal parts and PE for night fighter variants

They got greedy with the FW TA-154 Moskito as one had PE and white metal parts, while others were pretty much the same kit with a change of two tiny as F sprue parts

One special F-16N box contained a extra set of decals that didn't make it through later/today's boxes

One special F-16A contained decals for Wolf Pack squadron, again it didn't make through later/today's boxes

One special F-16A possibly couple with a Hornet box contained floppy disks for some computer game, though it didn't have any kind of special parts or decals

F-16CG/CJ box at first was white with a picture of the model made out from a sticker like most garage kit companies do/did

I have seen (but lost track of the pictures) one F-16 Block 50/52 box with no HTS pod yet with Harm missiles and ALQ 131 pod

Some F-104G/S box may or not contain all the parts for CF and F-104J plus below F-104J Aim-9 launchers you will find an extra set of antennas for 104 of the KLU, yet Hasegawa never released any 1/72 F-104G with KLU markings

Their first thing shaped like a Starfighter did come with a special box which contained an extra set of decals and instructions that didn't make it through late F-104J boxes but those markings were nevertheless later available on 00354 box

Their first thing shaped like an F-4EJ Phantom did come with a special box which contained an extra set of decals and instructions that once again didn't make it through later F-4EJ boxes and those markings were for 2 F-4EJ with aggressor~ish colors

Somehow what is marked as F-4EJ Kai Super Phantom box aka the KX-4 contents that you will find inside most of the earlier limited edition F-4EJ Kai boxes was released thrice and every single time had a different code

It also appear that they didn't like giving KX-4 decals away so every other box contained KA-7 instructions and decals and the extra pamphlet had the instructions to deal with the Kai parts

SP-73 box got a cover swap and a code change, contents were the same albeit a mini cd was tossed in as extra

1/48 F-4EJ instructions contained an extra page for an aggressor aircraft and then it went awol on later years

That stupid FS-X box basically contained an F-16N with F-16C instructions and decals, plus an extra sprue for canards and vertical stab, ofc decals and instructions for it...They never released it.

When they released the F-16A with Singapore AF markings they made the tail extension out of resin, yet nearly 12 years before they did manage to make a perfect F-2~ish tail out of plastic

T34 and Fuji T3 box contents are pretty much the same, yet they blanked off parts left and right before reasons

Back to bashing them for Phantom's goodwill...Every single box contains some antennas that somehow are always marked as no use, I'm starting to think that those things are for earlier F-4B or something late, yet they discarded the idea and this probably explains some errors when they released limited edition F-4Bs with earlier markings with that frecking slotted stab.

They somehow turned good for I guess a year as the first seven KX boxes had the 2in1 and for the RF-4s also the 3in1 formula, yet there it wasn't anything F-4E + F-4G parts, the F-4B/N box had the extra donkey "D" once contained on standard KA-3 box missing, the KX-7 Kai Phantom didn't live long enough to make it through the KA boxes, Luftwaffe's F-4F was always relased as a limited edition kit, ditto for the Kais, I could be wrong but I remember different set of decals for KX and KA F-4E boxes, no early F-4E was released with USAF markings, you had always to pick the Amigo box if you wanted to build a Nam bird (that or the Thunderbirds box)

The MSIP mods exists only for the F-15J boxes but in terms of USAF boxes there is nothing.

Limited edition boxes of the Super Bug to have corrections and later heat exchangers yet normal boxes are just for the pleb and they don't deserve any panel line corrections warnings

They are/were aware of EA-6B differences, but since they work in AC some have a pamphlet warning you to change and scratch build antennas, others do not, again kit boxes made for commoners are exempt

So...yeah there is a slight chance they possibly made it 😛

Edited by Mizar
3 hours ago, JackMan said:

High Planes  :

https://www.hpmhobbies.com/high-planes-rf-111c-reconnaissance-pallet-accessories-1-72/

Although, reading the "IN MEMORIAM" part,  it may be that the recce parts were originally from Plane Bits.  But I'm not sure.

Thats pretty much what it looked like. It was just a replacement for the bomb bay doors parts.
I have no idea where it was from... I honestly cant remember. The model is at my brothers house up north, together with all the other kits I made at that time, I never bought them with me when I moved down south. But I know I made one 100% because I remember as a model of an F-111 goes there wasnt much between it and an F-111C because you cant really see the pallet.

38 minutes ago, Mizar said:

Some F-104G/S box may or not contain all the parts for CF and F-104J plus below F-104J Aim-9 launchers you will find an extra set of antennas for 104 of the KLU, yet Hasegawa never released any 1/72 F-104G with KLU markings

I was lucky enough to have bought a Hasegawa Starfighter that contained the Dutch antenna parts; if memory serves it might have been this boxing - SP114 'Mount Olympos'. It took me a while to realise what the bits were for, and once I had worked it out, I wondered about a KLu boxing... pity they didn't.

Interesting discussion and thanks for your insights, Mizar.

8 hours ago, Mizar said:

No F-111 made by Hasegawa had recce packs, the only extra bits you could find were white metal pitot tube on the EF-111A box

O parts contained on both F-111C and F-111D/F are just the ones needed for the Pave Tack pod

Common sprue layout for Hasegawa F-111 is A/B/G/Q

J parts are for FB-111A & F-111C/G extra pylons

P parts are for Durandal bombs and not present on EF-111A box

C parts are for bottom fuselage section and intakes of the F-111E/D/F/G & FB-111A

D parts are for bottom fuselage section and intakes of the F-111A & F-111C

Parts for the EF-111A bottom fuselage section are once again marked as D but they are modified to imitate changes on the intake, plus L sprue parts containing EF-111A mods

Recce pack was once listed on Freightdog website but was made by another company

Luigi

There are indeed two different version of sprue D both containing the Triple Plow I intakes and the lower fuselage part however.

The F-111A and F-111C lower fuselage is different to the EF-111A version in the fairing at the root of the horizontal stabilators, the EF-111A version is flattened off while the A & C have the usual "bullet" fairing over the front part and a fillet fills in the buckets in the rear section.

It was because of this second version of sprue D that I had to order the extra sprue from Hasegawa. If it was only the intakes I would have cast a copy from the F-111E kit.

On 2/9/2020 at 7:16 AM, ElectroSoldier said:

Thats pretty much what it looked like. It was just a replacement for the bomb bay doors parts.
I have no idea where it was from... I honestly cant remember. The model is at my brothers house up north, together with all the other kits I made at that time, I never bought them with me when I moved down south. But I know I made one 100% because I remember as a model of an F-111 goes there wasnt much between it and an F-111C because you cant really see the pallet.

The High Planes Recce pallet is the old Plane Bits one, I have the original Plane Bits part as well as a dodgy knock off I picked up at a swap meet many years ago.

The High Planes pallet is a lot more refined and detailed than the original.