1:72 MH-53E Sea Dragon - Italeri kit

I saw a MH53-E fly over me when I was in holiday in Florida last year and thought I would love to build one. Managed to get close and a take a couple of pictures, she was quite a dirty beast so I have tried to show here as I saw her. So again this one is straight out of the box with no extras, but I did have a problem with the rotor head and you can see in the pictures! She also has the framework in place for towing (I think) the mine clearing sled.

Look forward to your comments

1:72 Scale MH-53E Sea Dragon

Edited by SQLModeller
  • 3 weeks later...

You did a good job with the faded paint effect. There's a big seam running down the middle of the fuselage that can be addressed by sanding the seam smooth and filling gaps with CA glue. I'd also recommend filling and sanding the gap in the windscreen/nose section to fuselage join. Putty is likely your best option here as CA can fog up your clear parts. You may also want to apply a downward bend to the rotor blades on future helicopter builds, but you'll want to consult references oto achieve the correct look.

• 4 weeks later...