Great USAF Weathering Ref Shots

Not wanting to step on Collin's toes regarding his long standing topic of modern USN aircraft pictures showing the stages of weathering while operating I decided to make the same for USAF specific aircraft.

We've all seen (hopefully) awesome tanker shots that can allow us to view the damage done by a refueling boom however this recent one really caught my eye.

5e39dbc45bc79c2fc37a0cfd?width=1260&form

https://www.businessinsider.com/damage-to-a10-warthog-nose-by-refueling-tanker-flying-boom-2020-2?amp

What else can we contribute?

5 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Not wanting to step on Collin's toes regarding his long standing topic of modern USN aircraft pictures showing the stages of weathering while operating I decided to make the same for USAF specific aircraft.

We've all seen (hopefully) awesome tanker shots that can allow us to view the damage done by a refueling boom however this recent one really caught my eye.

5e39dbc45bc79c2fc37a0cfd?width=1260&form

https://www.businessinsider.com/damage-to-a10-warthog-nose-by-refueling-tanker-flying-boom-2020-2?amp

What else can we contribute?

Wow....must be a training bird for the boom operator...looks nasty...

The nose cap gets beat up all the time, we had to look for cracks in them and we would have sheet metal change them out in phase. I want to say it was stainless but its been almost 9 years since I retired (WOW!)

5 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Is that RWR or MAWS?

I'm not up on my A-10's like many here, thought it was the RWR, since that fixture has been on A-10's almost since day one.   Could very well be mistaken tho...

Did the A-10 get fitted with a MAWS?