Great USAF Weathering Ref Shots

50 minutes ago, phantom said:

ARC IS a Canadian website after all...……..

I was going to leave the comment when I posted the photos that Steve @SBARC should make one of the close up shots of these Hornets like some sort of main background photo for either the Website or the Forum. It's the epitome of what this all is haha!

3 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I was going to leave the comment when I posted the photos that Steve @SBARC should make one of the close up shots of these Hornets like some sort of main background photo for either the Website or the Forum. It's the epitome of what this all is haha!

That photo is priceless  :rofl:

2 hours ago, AV O said:

As the thread title says, this thread is supposed to be about USAF,  then maybe RCAF/ARC is a USAF subsidiary...(with USN Aircraft !)

You know....there is a quiet truth to that.  Both countries do work closely together to defend our shared continent.

2 hours ago, SBARC said:

You know....there is a quiet truth to that.  Both countries do work closely together to defend our shared continent.

NORAD

6 hours ago, AV O said:

As the thread title says, this thread is supposed to be about USAF,  then maybe RCAF/ARC is a USAF subsidiary...(with USN Aircraft !)

As the thread starter I don't have a problem with it, especially since it is an official United States Air Force photo from the Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson website.

2 hours ago, Whiskey said:

As the thread starter I don't have a problem with it,

Me neither, as long as I enjoy watching every pictures of this thread.

AK F16s agressors  in the wild are really nice.

Thank you  !

AV O

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Finn said:

A close up, note the faded or painted over mission marks:

191204-Z-UU033-9007.JPG

Jari

Note also the tinted windscreen.  This is a new feature on E's, might be associated with the new AESA radar.   On a related note - what are the two symbols directly aft of "Phoenix" supposed to represent?   If weapons dropped, what type of weapon is that?  I'd be interested on what the two crossed muskets are supposed to represent as well. 

Edited by 11bee

The symbols looks like it might be for the AGM-158 JASSM:

DYuL8nrXUAAqt1z.jpg

so it may have dropped two of them and the crossed pistol probably indicate a couple of missions when the gun was fired.

Jari

51 minutes ago, Finn said:

The symbols looks like it might be for the AGM-158 JASSM:

DYuL8nrXUAAqt1z.jpg

so it may have dropped two of them and the crossed pistol probably indicate a couple of missions when the gun was fired.

Jari

Interesting, I didn't even know this weapon was cleared for the F-15E.  I've been looking trying to find some pics of operational jets with this weapon loaded, no such luck.

Thanks as always for the great pics Jari.

13 hours ago, 11bee said:

I'd be interested on what the two crossed muskets are supposed to represent as well. 

Those look more like crossed Colt six shooters from the old West.

I know exactly where, and roughly when.  In the late 70s when I was attending A.F. Traffic Accident Investigation school at Lackland A.F.B. and it isn't a B-36:

scan0009-4.jpg

scan0010-4.jpg

scan0015-3.jpg

scan0013-3.jpg

scan0011-3.jpg

scan0008-4.jpg

She was parked along side the road between Lackland and Kelly A.F.B. along with a few other smaller aircraft.  For 50 cents you could go inside and look around.  The wing shots were taken out of a open hatch or in the case of the nose shot, the pilot's window.