CD72097 & CD72098: New B-52 sheets

CD144020 is this one scaled down - I initially wanted to include some options from CD72077 but was not able to keep the color count within the limits. I am sure there will be other 1/144 B-52 sheets in the future. 

On 2/23/2023 at 8:39 PM, KursadA said:

With the material that Chris and everyone else helpfully sent me, there are enough subjects for at least one more sheet like this. If this one sells fast enough I will be motivated to release another SAC B-52G/H sheet as soon as this is sold out. But the next B-52 sheet I will release will be the "tall tail" sheet in both 1/72 and 1/144 in summer; and another current/recent -H sheet in the fall.

All sounds fantastic; perhaps 'recent' can be stretched back to the early 90s era to include Hs with FC, GR, CW, & KI tail codes (and perhaps Gs with LZ, CA, LA, & MO)!

Chris

On 2/24/2023 at 12:09 AM, KursadA said:

CD144020 is this one scaled down - I initially wanted to include some options from CD72077 but was not able to keep the color count within the limits. I am sure there will be other 1/144 B-52 sheets in the future. 

Oooh.   I was really hoping for CD72077 to be scaled down as well as I have several projects planned on that one sheet.  Okay, I will wait for it.  I will still buy CD144020 though, probably two copies, and I will definitely buy at least two of the "Tall Tail" sheets in 1/144.

Edited by Dutch

It is great to see another sheet with Gulf war BUFFs !

I have a question though:

the sheet has two options - 58-0177 "Pettie 3rd" and 57-6475 "Miami Clipper II" - which you can build OOB with ALCM pylons.
another option is 58-0168 "Treasure Hunter" which needs AGM-28 pylons.
and another two options are 58-0241 "Pterodactyl Courier" and 58-0195 "Eternal Guardian" which needs "stub" pylons.

any idea how could anyone build those non-OOB options ? are there any aftermarket pylons ? as both AMT/Ertl/Italeri and Modelcollect G kits have only ALCM pylons IIRC
btw, I tried to talk to MH Models from CZ for doing the pylons, sent them even pictures and info, but got no response back so far ...

Thanks !

4 hours ago, JakubJakepilot said:

It is great to see another sheet with Gulf war BUFFs !

I have a question though: the sheet has two options - 58-0177 "Pettie 3rd" and 57-6475 "Miami Clipper II" - which you can build OOB with ALCM pylons. Another option is 58-0168 "Treasure Hunter" which needs AGM-28 pylons, and another two options are 58-0241 "Pterodactyl Courier" and 58-0195 "Eternal Guardian" which needs "stub" pylons.  Any idea how could anyone build those non-OOB options ? Are there any aftermarket pylons ? As both AMT/Ertl/Italeri and Modelcollect G kits have only ALCM pylons IIRC.  BTW, I tried to talk to MH Models from CZ for doing the pylons, sent them even pictures and info, but got no response back so far ...

Thanks !

Jakub,

The answer to your pylon questions is Yes & Yes!  Two different AM manufacturers have produced HSAB pylons, one OOP and one 3D printed on demand.

1. Buffmaster Designs No. BMDR72010 1:72 HSABs (Heavy Stores Adapter Beam) designed for the AMT/Italeri kits. (OOP now)

2. Click2detail No. p153 1:72 B-52 Heavy Stores Adapter Beams (HSAB), in production. *Designed for Monogram D/F kits.

3. Click2detail No. p66 1:72 B-52 Blanking Plugs (Stub pylon?), in production. *Designed for Monogram D/F kits.

I highly recommend click2detail pylons. I have both actually and the detail is quite convincing.  Wash in warm soapy water, prime, and paint before installing the small sway braces. I have to research the Harpoon attachment lugs and wiring, but the pylons look very good.  

HTH,

Dutch

Edited by Dutch
assigned kits.
12 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Jakub,

The answer to your pylon questions is Yes & Yes!  Two different AM manufacturers have produced HSAB pylons, one OOP and one 3D printed on demand.

1. Buffmaster Designs No. BMDR72010 1:72 HSABs (Heavy Stores Adapter Beam) designed for the AMT/Italeri kits. (OOP now)

2. Click2detail No. p153 1:72 B-52 Heavy Stores Adapter Beams (HSAB), in production.

3. Click2detail No. p66 1:72 B-52 Blanking Plugs (Stub pylon?), in Production.

I highly recommend click2detail pylons. I have both actually and the detail is quite convincing.  Wash in warm soapy water, prime, and paint before installing the small sway braces. I have to research the Harpoon attachment lugs and wiring, but the pylons look very good.  

HTH,

Dutch

I have set 2 and it looks great...

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2023 at 11:58 AM, fessSto said:

If they made them for the Italeri/AMT kits, it would be great. I don't know if I'll use them for my D kit or try to modify them for my G or H kits..

• 5 weeks later...

Finally here - based on the e-mails I am getting from you guys, these are opne of the most anticipated sheets of this year. A lot of work went into making these at this quality, and I hope you will like them. Expecting to enable preorders this coming weekend.

b52sac_01.jpg

b52sac_02.jpg

b52sac_03.jpg

Oh also am looking forward to a SAC part 3 sheet. Fairchild and Minot, would love to see these in 36081 or SIOP 2 paint. maybe some SIOP 1 schemes also. Am sure it would receive the same interest as this current release.

Edited by USAFsparkchaser
Correction

I did not have a chance to finalize the profiles yet, but will soon enable the order page without profiles so the true believers (who do not need to see any profiles 🙂 ) among you can preorder.

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

...so the true believers (who do not need to see any profiles 🙂 ) among you can preorder.

Fighters make movies, bombers make history! (with some exceptions of course) 😉

Chris

Edited by Gator52