Perfect time for young entrepreneurs ...

... to start a new Model Company!! The Federal Gov’t program ‘Opportunity Now’ will even assist companies that teach new skills in certain areas.

No reason why the US shouldn’t have a model company like the old Monogram!!

2 cents???

Bo

2 hours ago, Ben Brown said:

If they listen to us old farts about what kits they need to produce, then I’m all for it! 1/48 Falcon 20 and F-86A, please. Oh, and an accurate P-40, too. 😉

Ben

Ur gonna get another Spitfire and 109 and like it!!  LOL!!  

Surely there's an American like New Zealand's Wing Nuts Wings guy that can Champion USA designed and produced kits!! And with with Gov't backing!!  Just one of those recently lost $737B in renewable energy boondoggles will be perfect to sit someone up in the Model World!!

Larry Thompson!!  R U listening??  Someone that's been there and done that!!

Bo

On 2/7/2020 at 2:17 PM, jabow said:

... to start a new Model Company!! The Federal Gov’t program ‘Opportunity Now’ will even assist companies that teach new skills in certain areas.

No reason why the US shouldn’t have a model company like the old Monogram!!

2 cents???

Bo

It's a tax incentive program in pre-designated low-income communities.  How would young entrepreneurs from these communities be able to use this to start a model company that needs a quarter to a half million in capital just to start up and develop one kit?  

It's really a great opportunity for established businesses to expand into these communities and in turn provide better career prospects and opportunities for the residents of these communities.  

The state version of the program that's been around for decades (in some places) and also goes by different names is more of a school-to-work program that is intended on giving kids a head start in a trade related career (like a lineman or iron worker or mechanic).   These are also great, but not really geared towards entrepreneurs.  

I'm all for having a good American model company... but I'm not seeing how a young person can easily start one up (unless of course they come from a well off family).  A sizable investment into a niche within a niche market isn't really the smartest business move for a first business.   Would be a better move for somebody that already has some capital and entrepreneurial experience under their belt.  Maybe one of you guys should start one up, and then use this "opportunity now" program to hire young 3D artists and engineers and then benefit from the tax subsides.   That sounds like a far more viable path to me. 

Edited by BaconRaygun
On 2/11/2020 at 9:05 AM, BaconRaygun said:

I'm all for having a good American model company... but I'm not seeing how a young person can easily start one up (unless of course they come from a well off family).  A sizable investment into a niche within a niche market isn't really the smartest business move for a first business.   Would be a better move for somebody that already has some capital and entrepreneurial experience under their belt.  Maybe one of you guys should start one up, and then use this "opportunity now" program to hire young 3D artists and engineers and then benefit from the tax subsides.   That sounds like a far more viable path to me. 

There are those already with a background in Model Business and have the 'know how' to expand into a large scale business. They're the ones that can take assistance from programs like this and let taxpayers grow their businesses while teaching worthy skills to others!!  Win, Win!

Bo