Airbrushed NMF opinions & recommendations wanted :-) Korean war B-29 project...

G'Day all!

I returned from a trip to Japan & Sth Korea 4 days ago, and have been inspired to make a Monogram 1/48 B-29 in honour of my holiday!

My plan is to make an example of 'Top of the Mark' with the black undersides from Kits World, as I really think that it fits the theme very nicely :-)

My question is kind of twofold...

A. I promised that I'd never ever tackle a large area NMF finish using Alclad ever, ever, ever again... I'm a reasonably skilled and competent (IMHO) modeler, but I've just experienced experienced too much heartbreak with Alclad in the past - and it has worn out its welcome with me! lol.

I'm not really patient or masochistic enough to do an adhesive BMF foil finish either, so I'm really looking for a good recommendation on high quality airbrushable enamels (like Mr Paint from Slovakia etc?). ANY advice is welcome with thanks!

B. Secondly, was the black finish on the bottom of the Superforts gloss, satin or matt?? I can't really find a definitive opinion on the topic.

Happy modelling from Australia!

AK

I second k colors.  They spray beautifully,  they do not to be thinned either.  I used them on a p-51 build. I can’t upload any photos because we don’t have a home computer anymore. 

Here is a link for k colors

http://www.hobbyworld-usa.com/Store/index.php?id_category=1554&controller=category

They are out of stock of a lot of the colors right now, they go quick