Westland Wessex Helicopter

Oliver, I want to repeat my request: You're showing us admirable results, it's simply fantastic what you're conjuring up.
But can't you please show us in single steps how to complete such a scratch construction in detail? Step by step?
I scratch too, but I can't do it with such precision.

11 hours ago, Lupusprimus said:

Oliver, I want to repeat my request: You're showing us admirable results, it's simply fantastic what you're conjuring up.
But can't you please show us in single steps how to complete such a scratch construction in detail? Step by step?
I scratch too, but I can't do it with such precision.

Thanks.

On 2/25/2020 at 12:36 PM, Rotorman said:

All work done with a ruler and #11 blade.

I use an anvil to make things glue straight.

I use Evegreen sheets in various thickness.

Forget hoarding toilet paper, Oliver likes to hoard Evergreen sheet styrene. That's why we can't get any!!! 😂

Tim

i know this is a long shot but I am looking for the oil cooler mechanism for this helo ( that cylinder in the photo runs a pulley system to somekind of  boxes). I do have the  Wessex book but the photos dont show much. i have looked high and low on the internet but can only find some restoration photos in really low res. Help.

20200405_165854_zpstnndawqg.jpg

20200405_165840_zpstcqkqka8.jpg

Edited by Rotorman

You could send an email to the Helicopter Museum at Weston-Super-Mare in the UK. They have a Wessex or two there and maybe somebody there would take a a few good detail photos for you. It's worth a go. They might have a skeleton staff still working there to keep things ticking over and perhaps someone there can help.

http://www.helicoptermuseum.co.uk/

There are a few Wessex walkaround folders here. There might be something useful in here.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/341-rotary-wing-aircraft-walkarounds/page/4/

LD.

Edited by Loach Driver
On 4/7/2020 at 2:29 AM, Loach Driver said:

You could send an email to the Helicopter Museum at Weston-Super-Mare in the UK. They have a Wessex or two there and maybe somebody there would take a a few good detail photos for you. It's worth a go. They might have a skeleton staff still working there to keep things ticking over and perhaps someone there can help.

http://www.helicoptermuseum.co.uk/

There are a few Wessex walkaround folders here. There might be something useful in here.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/341-rotary-wing-aircraft-walkarounds/page/4/

LD.

LD.

i did contact the museum by email but no-one is available to take pictures for me because of the virus. i did find an ex-crew chief on the Wessex who is sharing drawings from his maintenance manual so i am working from that. I am trying to buy that book if possible. 

Oliver

Edited by Rotorman

This is an amazing build!! I wish I was able to scratch build even a 1/10th of what you can do!! I just dont have the patience to do something like this.

I am waiting on the edge of my seat to see what this looks like when it is all painted up.

Keep it up..

Sean

thanks Sean. 

Patience is a must when super detailing....sometimes i lack some of it. I am being told that the transmission tower is backwards by the Wessex experts so back to square one on that.

Reworking the flight control linkages.

Oliver