Best 1/32 F-18 Super Hornet kit?

Hi guys 

Which kit is the best to use to build a super hornet in 1/32?

I ve seen some work in progress of the revell and it looks like it requires a lot of effort

I have not seen the trumpeter kit

So which one do you recomend 

16 hours ago, zerosystem said:

1 fits together, the other doesn't :sarcasm_on:

1 hour ago, dehowie said:

Trumpeter...disregard accuracy the Revell kit is a royal pain to get together...

Life is to short for junk like that Revell kit.

Hard to believe its from the Same company as the 88 etc..

Its really that bad?

I was a nats whisker from buying it in my local the other day.

39 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

Decide for yourself.

Wowsers. I had heard stories but that’s the first build thread I’ve read, and I only made it thru the first four pages.  I admire his skills and perseverance but, OMG life is too short.  

"and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too"

4 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

"and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too"

WORD!

9 minutes ago, niart17 said:

So am I understanding correctly that the Revell kit actually tells you in the instructions that you have to trim the interior parts in order for them to fit? Did I see that right? 

Thats exactly what I thought too...

Makes you realise it could be job for an MI team.

Its weird how they make it look so nice on the box though!

50 minutes ago, niart17 said:

So am I understanding correctly that the Revell kit actually tells you in the instructions that you have to trim the interior parts in order for them to fit? Did I see that right? 

There are numerous times the instructions tell you to do this kind of work in this kit.

One good thing is at least, they're honest about it.

4 hours ago, shion said:

There are numerous times the instructions tell you to do this kind of work in this kit.

One good thing is at least, they're honest about it.

From reading the linked LSP thread it also sounds like there are numerous times the instructions don't tell you to do this kind of work on other parts in this kit when you need to.

I was disappointed when I started reading the reviews of the Revell SH. My disappointment increased when I was able to inspect one on display at my LHS and saw lots of flash and read on the instructions where the builder had to perform some serious surgery just to get the kit together.  I've enjoyed building and buying many of Revell's previous 1/32 kits and thought their SH would be a good option over Trumpeters kit. Heck the price was right at around $80. But I took a hard pass after reading about it and seeing it with my own eyes. I went with the Trumpeter kit and its worth the extra dollars. As somebody else already posted, life's too short to deal with a kit like the Revell SH.

Happy modeling!

• 2 months later...

I've seen it live built and painted at the Nuremburg toy fair and it just sucks.

Before that I never thought I'd actually have to say that but as much as it pains me to press these words out: Go with the Trumpeter.

Edited by bushande
  • 3 years later...
On 2/15/2020 at 8:16 PM, ChesshireCat said:

How many above folks have built the Revell kit? Myself, I've never seen it in the flesh.

Gary

Gary, I have built them both and will tell you hands down the Trumpeter kit is far better. Yes, a bit pricey, but the Revell kit is truly junk! The spine is way off on the Revell kit that you'll spend a great of time and putty to resculpt it as close to accurate as possible. Even $50 is more than the Revell kit is worth. Does not fit together well at all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2023 at 10:43 AM, dragonfire56 said:

Gary, I have built them both and will tell you hands down the Trumpeter kit is far better. Yes, a bit pricey, but the Revell kit is truly junk! The spine is way off on the Revell kit that you'll spend a great of time and putty to resculpt it as close to accurate as possible. Even $50 is more than the Revell kit is worth. Does not fit together well at all.

the 32nd scale kits are really bigger than I have space for. Still have two or three 1/48th scales kits gathering dust. 

I once read a full build log on the Revell kit, and I could see a lot of extra work involved. Have never see the Trumpeter kit in the flesh. Still not exactly fond of Trumpeter as they've rooked me a couple times in the past

gary