Any issues with Hobbyworld USA orders

I was wondering if anyone here in the forums has recently received any orders from Hobbyworld USA? I currently have 2 orders in with them, one having been placed on 31 Dec 2019, and the other on 14 Jan 2020. I've sent a couple of messages asking for an update on the status of these orders (last one sent two weeks ago) and have gotten no reply at all. In my previous experience with placing and receiving orders from them, it has never taken this long before, nor has it taken this long for them to reply to inquiries about the status of an order. Hoping that everything is okay.

What’s your name and I’ll message the owner and see if I can get a answer for you 

I’ve never had any real problems with them, usually quick service unless something is out of stock, but that’s never really been a problem either,  he would just send it when back in stock

1 hour ago, marvin20 said:

I was wondering if anyone here in the forums has recently received any orders from Hobbyworld USA? I currently have 2 orders in with them, one having been placed on 31 Dec 2019, and the other on 14 Jan 2020. I've sent a couple of messages asking for an update on the status of these orders (last one sent two weeks ago) and have gotten no reply at all. In my previous experience with placing and receiving orders from them, it has never taken this long before, nor has it taken this long for them to reply to inquiries about the status of an order. Hoping that everything is okay.

I messaged him.  He said he will be trying to contact you 

Its not like Matt to not respond. He has always answered my e-mails promptly. Must be something else going on. I've had times when I couldn't communicate via e-mail with one business or another. Their E-mail service all of a sudden decided that the it did not like my e-mail address (actually it was a range of IP addresses) and considered my e-mails spam, thus sending them to bit hell. Happened with The48ers a couple of times and Ilias had to call their provider to get it straightened out. What a mess.

All to say, hang in there. There must be a good explanation.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if Hobbyworld USA are still open during this crisis? I emailed Matt and have not heard back. Did the original poster hear back? Typically Matt responds immediately.

He doesn't have any notifications on his website and his Facebook page has not been updated  since Feb.

Thanks!

Yes. They are still open.

Matt responded to my query in a matter of minutes. I asked him about some back ordered items, that by the way, he is still waiting for.

I think he will respond to you as soon as he can.

On 4/17/2020 at 6:57 PM, solher1 said:

Yes. They are still open.

Matt responded to my query in a matter of minutes. I asked him about some back ordered items, that by the way, he is still waiting for.

I think he will respond to you as soon as he can.

Given I have dealt with him before and he responds immediately this is odd I haven’t heard from him yet. Both my items were in stock.

I just placed a large order for MRP and AMMO paints today as well. Paid through PayPal and got a notice that they were examining the payment and it was on hold. I have NEVER seen that before while making a PayPal purchase and this is my first one with Hobbyworld USA. I hope all is well.

I have an order outstanding since 30 Mar of this year. My account shows that my payment has been accepted on 30 Mar. A query submitted through the website has gone unanswered. Does anybody know of another way to contact them?

Thanks,

John

17 hours ago, Whiskey said:

I just placed a large order for MRP and AMMO paints today as well. Paid through PayPal and got a notice that they were examining the payment and it was on hold. I have NEVER seen that before while making a PayPal purchase and this is my first one with Hobbyworld USA. I hope all is well.

Yes, that is odd.

One thing I noticed is when this post originated all his regular facebook posts ceased around the same time.

Hopefully Matt's health is well. I worry for him more than my order. He is in the Boston area.

As I have mentioned, Matt is usually quick responding.

There is one reply here though that says he just shipped a few days ago. So maybe the opposite is occurring, maybe he is overwhelmed with orders, which is good for him in there tough times.  

Got an email this morning saying my PayPal payment was accepted. If this transaction goes smoothly I will definitely give him some more business as he has a good selection of paints at a very decent price point.

On 4/19/2020 at 9:23 AM, The Underdog said:

I just placed an order with them for some Mr. Paint paints, and got an email saying

they have shipped yesterday... be here on Tuesday.

Just as promised from Hobby World USA. Paints arrived today with no issues, and

they did a great job packing them for shipment.

18 minutes ago, johncrow said:

We're good.

Matt replied, saying that a couple of things on my order were back ordered, but should be filled before too long. 

I'm happy, and thanks for the info and insight, all.

jp

Good to hear, I’ll remain patient. Mine was showing as in stock so hopefully it ships soon.

I just received notification that my product has shipped. Matt is swamped with business since the rest of the world was shut-down.

As mentioned numerous times in this thread, Matt runs a rock solid business.