Internet Hobbies No response from emails.

Back on December 1 I ordered a Dragon 1/72 Saturn V. Said it would ship by late January. Now it says late February. The problem is they don't return emails. Also I have friends that have got their Saturn V when purchased from other companies. Any feedback on this company?

Steve

You can read about my one experience ordering from them several years ago here: https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/hyperscale/internethobbies-com-t510468.html

If you have any means for cancelling the order and obtaining a refund through your payment method (credit card, PayPal), I suggest you get on it soon before any time limit for doing so runs out. Good luck!

I just recently tried to buy something from this company. They cancelled the order after I made my purchase and subsequently changed the price.   They claimed originally that the item was out of stock when it was not then, later claimed the manufacturer had increased the price. Snarky email responses to my inquiries were a delight as were the threats. Their negative reviews are much deserved. Stay far away.

Edited by ramcdaniel1
  • 5 months later...

Bad company. One problem is the "just in time" system he uses. Second problem is gross lack of communication with client/buyer......Third problem is if item(s) are back ordered or no longer stocked at distributor he will not inform the buyer and makes no attempt to refund $$$$$.............

Beware there are more than one online shop he owns..

1 Internet Hobbies----44 BBB complaints.

2 Military Model Depot

3 Model Ship Depot

4 Model Airplane Depot

5 Hobby Models------21 BBB complaints.

6 Hobby Wheels

7 Missed one:......... Model Railway Depot..............

I an out for the Hobby Boss A-26B kit......When ordered it said in 'stock'...........Several days later went back to the order page and it said back-order. Called him he said he didn't have it yet.....I told him to cancel order and refund $$$$...He said don't do that, I have one coming in 1st of next week and I'll put you at top of list...........We next week has come and gone and no e-mail or call..........Seriously thinking about filing complaint with his states Attorney General........ 

Edited by oldthudman5
correction

Damn, Murphy's Law just got me.  I just placed a $200 online order with them this evening and a couple of hours later I notice this thread.....  I should've figured it was too good to be true, I've been looking for an Airfix Sea King HC.4 and they're the only ones to have it in stock Stateside.  Everything else I ordered is available elsewhere so hopefully they have them in stock too.

Internet Hobbies is one of those businesses that doesn't inform customers about not having an actual warehouse. I made two orders from them. The first arrived within a few days of ordering. The second turned into a long wait. I contacted them repeatedly for info and got nothing. Finally, I went into their system and cancelled my order. They let me cancel without any hassle, but if I remember correctly, they never confirmed the cancellation with me. I had to check my bank records. 

Poor communicators, more than anything. 

On 8/16/2020 at 4:45 PM, oldthudman5 said:

Bad company. One problem is the "just in time" system he uses. Second problem is gross lack of communication with client/buyer......Third problem is if item(s) are back ordered or no longer stocked at distributor he will not inform the buyer and makes no attempt to refund $$$$$.............

Beware there are more than one online shop he owns..

1 Internet Hobbies----44 BBB complaints.

2 Military Model Depot

3 Model Ship Depot

4 Model Airplane Depot

5 Hobby Models------21 BBB complaints.

6 Hobby Wheels

7 Missed one:......... Model Railway Depot..............

Maybe this info should be posted in the Bad Trader sub-forum for future reference.

Well, just got a call from Dale Bruner (owner Internet Hobbies/Model Hobbies)......He of course made it my fault, "I couldn't wait".......Since I contacted the FCC (and they got in touch with him apparently) I am now a "bad guy" and they are refunding my money  (YEA!) , BUT SADLY I will no longer be able to buy from internet hobbies (etc).......boohoo!1f622.svg.........

So I called the FCC (who govern/oversee the internet) and agent told me they had never heard of the 30 limit on credit cards payments......(He seems to think he can therefore keep the money rather than refunding it.......) 

Worst company ever. I had a run in with them before. He even threatened to take me to court even though he didn't ship the items I paid for and filed a complaint through my CC company after about three months. He claims that the BB complaints are from people paid to make false complaints.

Edited by kap64
4 hours ago, Model-Junkie said:

Its been over a week and my order still has not shipped.  I sent them a message and received the automated response.  I'll start a dispute with my credit card company if I don't hear anything from them in a couple of days

If you haven't received your stuff by now, you probably won't get it. They will put you off until you file a dispute. Then it gets funny. You'll get reply from him immediately and it will probably say he tried to refund you and you never responded, etc, it's your fault. 

3 hours ago, kap64 said:

Worst company ever. I had a run in with them before. He even threatened to take me to court even though he didn't ship the items I paid for and filed a complaint through my CC company after about three months. He claims that the BB complaints are from people paid to make false complaints.

He at latest count has 65 complaints with the BBB......BBB says they have settled 12 of the 65... (internet hobbies=44, model hobbies=21)........

3 hours ago, kap64 said:

If you haven't received your stuff by now, you probably won't get it. They will put you off until you file a dispute. Then it gets funny. You'll get reply from him immediately and it will probably say he tried to refund you and you never responded, etc, it's your fault. 

"probably say he tried to refund you and you never responded, etc, it's your fault".................That's what he told me today.

• 2 weeks later...