Whirlybbirds TV series decals

I often wonder if 'we' could lobby someone to record or produce the rest of the series of some of these classics...... obviously there is an interest out there...... I know it is about profit and business models etc, but wouldn't that be cool??

We can always hope. I believe Viacom, a CBS Division, has the rights.

A couple of years ago a firm brought out the 1971, 13 episode series "Bearcats!" on DVD, so I guess anything is possible. Like Whirlybirds, it had a small but strong fan base, which remembered the series for its car, a 1914 Stutz Bearcat replica, built by George Barris...(which I own in lieu of a Bell 47).

18 minutes ago, JohnEB said:

We can always hope. I believe Viacom, a CBS Division, has the rights.

A couple of years ago a firm brought out the 1971, 13 episode series "Bearcats!" on DVD, so I guess anything is possible. Like Whirlybirds, it had a small but strong fan base, which remembered the series for its car, a 1914 Stutz Bearcat replica, built by George Barris...(which I own in lieu of a Bell 47).

that's sad.................. I remember the Bearcats...... vaguely....  you own the replica car?????

22 minutes ago, JohnEB said:

Yes, for 20+ years.

It's fully restored, I drive a lot in the summer.

not as much fun as a Bell 47, but it's easier to service and insure.😁

I would LOVE to see a pic, I'm a Corvette guy so I am into cool rides...

I tried to post a photo but they all seem to be too large...

here's a link to a feature the Wall Street Journal did on the car...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/stutz-bearcat-by-george-barris-the-made-for-tv-production-you-can-drive-1417544674

If that doesn't work, here's a link to a search, the photos of my car are marked "wsj.com"...

https://www.google.com/search?q=stutz+bearcat+replica&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjevYvQrfjnAhXxGDQIHQCyCa4Q_AUoAnoECA0QAg&biw=601&bih=962#imgrc=zQ0Bq_G85GjYcM

Edited by JohnEB
  • 2 weeks later...

To all,  who are interested..... not long ago, I placed an order or request to Thomas at Speedway decals, that was suggested on this thread..... Thomas answered me back almost immediately, and mentioned he was out of town , but would fulfill my request as soon as he got home..... and he did, I got the decals today in the mail, and they are EXCELLENT !  Also many thanks to Thomas for his great communication, and his excellent service, I'm sure I will order more from him in the future, just thought I would let anyone interested that this was an EXCELLENT transaction....  thanks Thomas!

Jeff

Just to update, my decals came a couple of days ago, they look very good.

As others have said, very good service from Speedway.

BTW: Having once lived near Indianapolis where there are countless businesses named "Speedway", I assumed they were out of Indiana, not so. 🙂