48 minutes ago, is it windy yet? said:

Ok, I ordered two sets.  I did not know that the 55 was the same thing as the 33.  Thanks for the suggestion.  

Look essentially the same. Difference is that the BRU-55 has ejectors with wiring for smart weapons (If I read correctly).

Oh and there vertical and canted versions of each I believe.

Edited by Mstor

The external differences between the BRU-33/A VER, BRU-33A/A CVER and BRU-55A/A CVER are as follows;

BRU-33/A - original VER, racks (BRU-33) are vertical, wiring conduit on left side of the belly, between the centerline and the left rack.

BRU-33A/A CVER - modified VER with the racks canted 5.5 degree's outboard, all other details the same as the BRU-33/A VER.

BRU-55A/A CVER - modified BRU-33A/A, has connection for smart weapons (called a 1760 connector) in place of the normal connector found on the BRU-33A/A, dummy connector (for 1760 cannon plug cover), larger/beefier bail bar arm for smart weapon umbilical, additional wiring conduit between the centerline and right rack, all other external details same as BRU-33A/A.

Edited by GW8345
6 hours ago, GW8345 said:

The external differences between the BRU-33/A VER, BRU-33A/A CVER and BRU-55A/A CVER are as follows;

BRU-33/A - original VER, racks (BRU-32) are vertical, wiring conduit on left side of the belly, between the centerline and the left rack.

BRU-33A/A CVER - modified VER with the racks canted 5.5 degree's outboard, all other details the same as the BRU-33/A VER.

BRU-55A/A CVER - modified BRU-33A/A, has connection for smart weapons (called a 1760 connector) in place of the normal connector found on the BRU-33A/A, dummy connector (for 1760 cannon plug cover), larger/beefier bail bar arm for smart weapon umbilical, additional wiring conduit between the centerline and right rack, all other external details same as BRU-33A/A.

Gerry, you oughta know better.  BRU-32 is the Hornet parent rack, and supports 14 and 30 inch suspension.  The BRU-33 racks are only 14 inch suspension.  But the rest is spot-on.

As an addendum, the Air Force BRU-57 racks were converted from standard BRU-33/A VERs, so have the racks vertical, but the actual ejector racks are different than those in the BRU-33 as the AF doesn't use that particular rack.

1 hour ago, Joe Hegedus said:

Gerry, you oughta know better.  BRU-32 is the Hornet parent rack, and supports 14 and 30 inch suspension.  The BRU-33 racks are only 14 inch suspension.  But the rest is spot-on.

As an addendum, the Air Force BRU-57 racks were converted from standard BRU-33/A VERs, so have the racks vertical, but the actual ejector racks are different than those in the BRU-33 as the AF doesn't use that particular rack.

Whoops, you are 100% correct sir, thanks for keeping me honest!