Airfix 1:48 Sea Hurricane and Revell 1:48 BF-109 G10

So, I’m between major projects, my son and I decided to do a dual build together.  My son picked the Revell 109 so I got the Sea Hurricane. This was my son’s 3rd model (he’s 15), and I guided him, but he did it all himself, including using the airbrush for the first time.  Super proud of him!  Not bad for a 30 year old kit.

I didn’t take the Hurricane too serious, I added some Eduard seat belts and drilled out the gun ports and exhaust but otherwise it was a straight OOB built.  It was pretty nice, detail was adequate but the fit, especially around the wing to fuselage join was not great.  Required a decent amount of sanding and dry fitting.  Also, I managed to lose the left side navigation light clear piece to the carpet monster.  Oh well.

Paint on both planes is a combination of MIG and Vallejo colors.  My son really wanted to put his plane on a diorama base and got a pilot figure from AeroBonus to compliment the plane.

YhjjNI8.jpg

zCAylRL.jpg

YIyzToz.jpg

vJzufek.jpg

QPUn9HL.jpg
T643Wus.jpg

qTeW7d3.jpg

MCF7Vqi.jpg

SN9vQIu.jpg

CyuUYqz.jpg

yrPQJ07.jpg

ETDdTNA.jpg