ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
Van Buren Boys

1/72 Hasegawa PLAAF Su-35

Greetings!

After a long break from building, I was inspired last year by Haneto's 1/48 PLAAF Su-35 build:

So, I dug out my Hasegawa 1/72 version and dove back in.  And naturally as I was nearing completion of the model I learned of the upcoming 1/72 GWH version. 🤦‍♂️ 

Paints were a custom mix, decals from Begemot, the spares box, and a couple were printed at home.

Here are the final results:

Su-35-7-of-16.jpg

Su-35-1-of-16.jpg

Su-35-3-of-16.jpg

Su-35-6-of-16.jpg

I used Haneto's method for the engines using the Pigma markers (definitely better results than my previous Flankers).  Here is what a mere mortal can achieve:

Su-35-2-of-16.jpg

Dispensers had to be moved from the top side of the stinger to the bottom:

Su-35-15-of-16.jpg

Su-35-11-of-16.jpg

Ta da:

Su-35-14-of-16.jpg

I welcome any questions.  Thanx for viewing! 

Wow, hard to believe its 1/72. Well done!

It looks great!  Nice job on the motors- there’s a ton of visual interest and I’m sure it was difficult to do in 1/72 scale!

Steve

Really nice Flanker! The "unpainted" areas and burner cans are awesome... especially given it's 1/72 scale. Nice work!

On 2/15/2020 at 12:31 AM, Van Buren Boys said:

I used Haneto's method for the engines using the Pigma markers (definitely better results than my previous Flankers)

Excellent work on that Su-35 VBB - especially that bugbear of all Flanker models - the vari-hued titanium engine and tailplane areas.

I must have missed Haneto's mention of the Pigma markers - so I just Goggled them - but what a bewildering array of pens and sets etc. on offer....

Can you please elaborate on exactly which pens you used (size, colour etc) - and how?

Thanks in aticipation - and once again, Fabulous Flanker.... :worship:

Ken

5 hours ago, Flankerman said:

Excellent work on that Su-35 VBB - especially that bugbear of all Flanker models - the vari-hued titanium engine and tailplane areas.

I must have missed Haneto's mention of the Pigma markers - so I just Goggled them - but what a bewildering array of pens and sets etc. on offer....

Can you please elaborate on exactly which pens you used (size, colour etc) - and how?

Thanks in aticipation - and once again, Fabulous Flanker.... :worship:

Ken

Thanx Ken!

I got this set of pens (0.2mm) from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DS6SRZ2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I only used the blue, brown, and black pens (and the black was just to go over the brown while it was still wet to darken it a bit).

Oh, and I also applied lots of Tamiya weather pigments before and after. 

Edited by Van Buren Boys

Nice Flanker! Love the exhausts and tailplanes metal sections. They look amaizing.