Flying Leathernecks Decals FL48026 Hell Raising Harriers II - Odyssey Dawn Rescue

This is the second of four sheets that will cover the AV-8B in Marine Corps service. The sheet covers six AV-8B II Plus aircraft, including 165357 as it appeared during the rescue mission of USAF Maj Kenneth Harney in Libya, 2011. Maj Harney's F-15 crashed near Benghazi and then Maj. J Eric Grunke was the first on scene to provide close air support and coordinate the TRAP. For his effort, Maj (now LtCol) Grunke was recognized as the Marine Aviator of the Year.

This sheet would not have been possible without the assistance of the following individuals :

LtCol J Eric "CJ" Grunke (CO, VMA-231)

Maj Eric "Spaz" Albright (VMA-231)

Capt Jarett Fazendine (VMA-231)

Maj Marc "Tuna" Couvillon (VMA-214)

1stLt Patrick MacGeorge (VMA-214 S-2)

CWO-2 Ronald Perez (VMA-214 MMCO)

DVIDS Help Desk

Mr. Ian French of Aviation Press UK

With this sheet, FL48019 and FL48021, modelers will be able to build the AV-8B, AH-1Z and UH-1Y aircraft from the 11th MEU Det aboard the USS Boxer / USS John P. Murtha.

Scheduled for an April release. 

FL48026-AV-8-B-Hell-Raising-Harriers-II.

FL48026-Profiles.jpg

18 minutes ago, Grindcore said:

Time to start hoarding some AV-8Bs

Yes.........you can do all of the Odyssey Dawn Harriers! LtCol Grunke passed along my email address and phone number to the other Officers on the Det with the hope they can provide information for 50, 51 and 55. So far, we've received references for 52, 53 and 54.

52 wore a relatively short lived scheme. This was actually applied to several AV-8B's out of FRC East in Cherry Point before they switched to the 36118/35237 scheme.

Untitled-1.jpg

I need to offload some of my other manufacturer's AV-8 decals cause there's no way I can do all of these. I've always liked the ability to depict aircraft from OOD and OIR more so than OEF/OIF unless it has some significance to me. These are top notch choices Dave and I look forward to seeing what's next. Now if only my bank account would allow me go ahead and order everything..............