MH-60L "Super 68" references needed

I know it's been discussed before, and I did look for info on the net and this forum, but the pics I found were really interesting but got Photobucketed!! I saw many of them posted by Ray (Rotorwash) but were not available to be seen!

I'm planning on building "Super 68" as she sits in the museum, with the ESSS wings and refueling probe. I'm not going for 100% accuracy but as accurate as possible. this is gonna be my third helo build and I'm planning on using the Kitty Hawk kit, I'm maybe aiming a bit too high but we will see at the end!

I have been checking references and the kit itself and found that the cowling markings "razor´s Edge" come in black! but the pics of the real thing are yellow-ish, so I guess a correction is in order, but once I have the kit in hand will be able to see it for sure!

So any help would be greatly appreciated and maybe Ray sees this post and will be willing to post the pics again! I could have sent him a message but I thought maybe somebody else would be interested too! if you have pics post away please!!

Here are a few pics from the US Army Aviation Museum.

20161128_144302.jpg

DSC_0192-1.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

blog-uh-60l-super-68-041a0338.jpg?w=600&

Some other info and pics of Super 68 are included here too:  https://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=216895&page=1

The color of the markings is a sandy-OD greenish color.  There are correct markings on Floyd's decals sheets for SOAR aircraft in Op Gothic Serpent.

COVER_PHOTO_280x420.JPG?v=1576782305

IRENE%20Decals%20cover.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty

Thnx Gino, are there two different choppers in the pics or it has the cowling without the marks in one of them? do you have interior shots? do you happen to know if she still has the bulletproof floor on?

It is the same helo.  When it arrived at the museum, it no longer had the "Razor's Edge" markings.  The museum staff reapplied them. 

Here is an article that talks about it: 

https://www.army.mil/article/136323/evolving_history_museum_reworks_displays_to_keep_perspective_fresh

Here are a few more pics of it.  It looks like the floor armor is still in place on it.

43005109_1907430479293937_6390689656005943033957_1907430552627263_2979943211562142980320_1907430622627256_6508740697607120151017.jpg20151020.jpg

Here is how it was in Somalia, 1993, Op Gothic Serpent.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQODYTich8eq7GXSEc2Mfx26_1.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty

When I visited the museum a few years ago, I was given the privilege of being allowed inside the "ropes" and experienced her up close.

It was very humbling knowing you were touching history from that operation. Got a boatload of pics on a thumbdrive somewhere. 

Tim

Tim

Interesting pic of the interior Gino, thanks! I can see there's no sheep skin on the seats!

Got a boatload of pics on a thumbdrive somewhere. 

I really hope you can find it!!!!  there must be a nice thing to see these birds up close like you guys can do! here is near to impossible to get close to them when they get around here!

On 2/22/2020 at 8:38 PM, hawkwrench said:

When I visited the museum a few years ago, I was given the privilege of being allowed inside the "ropes" and experienced her up close.

It was very humbling knowing you were touching history from that operation. Got a boatload of pics on a thumbdrive somewhere. 

Tim

Tim

BTW Tim, I remember you built the armored floor for a kit IIRC! would you happen to have pics of your work and the real thing? maybe I'm really bad for looking on the net but in spanish is kinda hard to look! thnx